Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water Damage due to Faulty seal on repaired Galaxy Fold 4

(Topic created on: 19-08-2023 01:03 PM)
Members_ITdSbjk
First Poster
Options

I had my Fold 4 repaired a couple of months ago which entailed them basically replacing most of the phone as it was the fold mechanism that needed replacing.  Since repaired I subsequently  dropped by phone in the bathtub, approx. 30cm deep for 10 secs.  I instantly noticed what looked like water under the front facing camera.  I left to dry as didn't want to risk.  the next day I turned it on and it buzzed a lot then switched off.  I also noticed the front screen had started  to lift, on inspection, the whole screen just pulled away from the housing without any effort.  the same happened to the back.   My belief is that the repair was faulty and the seals they added were not up to the standard of when the phone is new.  Nowhere near as water should not have entered the whole phone after 10 seconds in the water and the seals have basically dissolved.   has anyone else has problems with faulty repairs.  Samsung are collecting the phone tomorrow but my worry is they will say it is not waterproof so it is my fault but my argument is that it happened due to a faulty seal by their repair team.  Any advice?

4 REPLIES 4
Cactii
Pioneer
Options
That's ur problem
0 Likes
Brainic
Pioneer
Options
Fold 4 is ip rated so if water did get inside and there's no damage to the device they should fix it free of charge. They'll only say its your fault if the device had crack somewhere or u had no sim tray and that let the water get inside but if its due to dodgy repair they'll cover it.
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Section 75, not fit for purpose, if you paid on a credit card or take Samsung to a small claims court if the refuse to repair free of charge or provide a replacement
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Did it go to a company called TMT First by any chance? Samsung authorised repair centre? They did exactly the same thing to my S21 Ultra, all my cameras fogged up, had 2 repairs and ended up selling in the end because no IP rating. I used this app to check and my results were that it was no longer water resistant.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ray.waterresistancetester
0 Likes