Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Z Fold Flip Problem

(Topic created on: 09-02-2024 11:50 AM)
AaryanHoliday
First Poster
Options

Unacceptable! A year after purchasing the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4, we're encountering a frustrating issue: the phone automatically shuts down upon unfolding. This seems to be a widespread manufacturing defect affecting numerous users, particularly those from the August 2022 batch. Despite reaching out to Samsung support, we're shocked to be quoted a hefty repair fee of 27500/-. What's more disappointing is the lack of communication about any insurance coverage or post-purchase support. We implore Samsung to take responsibility for this issue and provide a fair resolution. Consumers shouldn't have to bear the burden of a faulty product, especially one of such high value.

Samsung is also repeating the same mistake which Nokia did. Customer support is very important as they directly make the brand. Samsung being a leading brand should not do this mistake and offer its clients a fair deal.

It is not an individual problem but a common problem among the Galaxy Z users. So we expect solution from Samsung.

#Samsung #CustomerService #GalaxyZFold #SamsungGalaxy

20 REPLIES 20
Sam8080
Apprentice
Options

I agreed.. Samsung should take responsibility.. I have the Z Flip3  and heard the there are mic problems after having it for one year and after paying $1000 for the phone you have to pay about $300 for a replacement phone due to manufacturer faulty equipment.. it's that fair at all

Abhishek fold 4
First Poster
Options

I also encountered the same problem. My Fold 4, purchased in Nov 2022 shuts down automatically when I tried folding it. I had to run it unfolded and carry it unfolded. Then the service center took Rs 45000/- just for repair. They said while folding and unfolding the wires inside have become loose. And they charged 35% of the device cost.

I strong recommend not to purchase fold phone. Waste of money. Samsung will give no support for this manufacturing defect which has occurred. 

MARYOMA
First Poster
Options
I too am encountering a problem the fold screen has a line going down it . I'm visiting Samsung shop in my local area where I purchased it November 22.
A57-57
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem 18 months after I got my phone. Samsung must take responsibility for this high end phone. 

Sam8080
Apprentice
Options

I agree 👍 

Members_vErIV28
First Poster
Options

Bought flip 4 in November 2022. In January 2024, problem with screen going black when folding and no screen until doing a shut down and restart. Samsung not interested unless I pay for repair which nearly equates to cost of replacement new phone. After 20 years using Samsung phones I will look at other options.

Flip Z 41
Apprentice
Options

I have encountered the same problem and service center people inform that this occurs when you fold your phone multiple times although I have not done that. They mentioned that’s why it lasted for 1.5 years otherwise the issue might arisen within a year. They also warned that the screen validity is for one year only. It won’t last more than a year. I warned several friends who were considering purchasing either flip or fold. Samsung provided no assistance so I ultimately switched to a trusted brand like apple. 

DKK2
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I am facing the same issue with my Flip4. Infact the service centre guys acknowledged the fact that it's a manufacturing defect. However, on raising the concern with head office, they denied any responsibility to repair it and are asking me to pay up around 28k now. My phone is hardly 1.5 years old. We really need to stand up against such injustice and sub standard phones being sold to customers at such a premium price. We should all gather and file a class action lawsuit against the Company. 

Flip Z 41
Apprentice
Options

one of my friends is in consumer forum and he advised me to report this to consumer forum because I have met a few other people with the same issue. I have filed my complaint there and believe me all their dip and fold will work fine for only one year. However they are not informing this before purchase.Samsung is not taking responsibility because they know it’s their issue and are trying to neglect people thinking they will forget. We need to raise this issue everywhere and make people aware not to buy their defective products