Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty repair

(Topic created on: 02-05-2022 11:57 AM)
simsams
Apprentice
Options
Sent my z flip 5 g in for repair with a fold screen protector fault after 3 weeks they say I damaged screen by folding it so will cost £270ti mend it I don't think so!warranty is not worth what they say won't trust samsung  anymore
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @simsams 

The Samsung Limited 2 Year Manufacturing Warranty covers non accidental damage.

What exactly did Samsung say may I ask ?

The Flip and Fold phone's are by their very design designed to be folded so they must have supplied a more in depth report.

If Samsung stay with their assessment then check any relevant insurance such as Household insurance or some Bank Accounts provide cover as a perk of the account.

I appreciate it's frustrating and disappointing when something fails especially when these devices are so expensive.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

simsams
Apprentice
Options
They believe I folded the phone with something inside it!this is not the case the factory fitted screen protector lifted up on the fold thus letting dust grit inside which when folded marked the screen so they say its my error I do not agree as the phone was fine until I posted it to them under their care well TMT life who are a 3rd party repairers asking for payment of £270 to replair!
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Appreciate what your saying @simsams 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
hipwell
Pathfinder
Options
Same here with my fold 3, can't wait to get rid of this bag of shite phone
ddb2k
Explorer
Options
FYI the replacing the screen protector on the Z Flip 3 now costs £20 in the UK. Shocking!
The problem is that when the screen protector fails, it gathers dust and particles underneath which could potentially damage the screen.
Samsung don't recognise that as a warranty replacement anymore. No more folds or flips for me.
Cmslu
First Poster
Options

I bought the flip z and it came with a small black dot on the screen. I didn't make a big deal about it cause of the process to send it back and how much trouble I went through to get anyone from samsung to tell me how to get a repair under warranty. Well he spot grew big and so I was forced to send it in. Now they say I damaged the phone so I have to pay 250 to get it fixed. The warranty is bs. Samsung lies! They sold me a piece of garbage and now I'm stuck with a broken phone. Not to mention I had to buy a new phone as a replacement till they had this one fixed. I'm just awed how horrible this company is.