Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency alerts app

(Topic created on: 02-05-2022 09:21 PM)
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Hi guys 

Anyone notice this app, super draining my battery overnight the last 2 nights out of 3.
Can't stop it running or delete it..........it also has permission to read all test messages on my phone 🤔

11 REPLIES 11
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Just had a look and is on my phone too with no option to uninstall it. Googled it and found reference to it on the Gov.UK website which suggests you cannot fully opt out of it !!!
Also if you go to your messages app and tap 3 dots for settings - emergency alert history - tap 3 dots - settings - you can turn off some notifications
Must admit not a happy camper if this is indeed a compulsory UK government app that I cannot turn off or disable permissions !!!
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I know for sure they have this in the US. It is used when it is imperative they contact all citizens about a pending catastrophic event. Looks like the Government feel threatened by Russia and may be testing the system is 100% operational.
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Yeah me to........I didnt sign up for this.
The worrying thing is just how much it can snoop into your privacy 🤨
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Yeah knew they had some sort of system in the US but didn't know they now put it in place in the UK ( apparently compulsory )
Call me a cynic ( as I am 😀 ) but even though I have nothing to hide I consider a Govt inspired app that has permission to read my messages as the thin edge of the wedge !!!
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I guess it needs access to SMS or it can't send a message. I don't see anything about access to contacts. As for spying, governments are not allowed to spy in their citizens. Easy to circumvent, you get other countries to do it for you. The UK is a member of Five Eyes, Google it. I'm sure the NSA know a lot about us all......
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Some of the forced permissions seem odd Screenshot_20220503-003933_Permission controller.jpg
0 Likes
Members_HWcTuoI
First Poster
Options

Have you checked what permissions it has? Everything.  Read text's  included.

0 Likes
freedom2023
First Poster
Options
It also can read any incoming text and delete them before you receive them. And can disable any keylock and any associated password security. I didn't realise the UK was now a communist state.
0 Likes
PhilBoy
Journeyman
Options

Just look at permissions  vthey are spying....

I am so angry. 

They don't purchase the equipment or pay network charges.

I'm searching for a way to remove this spyware.  

Failure to do so, will mean complete blitz of the phone, charging rom etc.

Bustards