Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Programme - S20 plus to Z Flip Not Possible?????

(Topic created on: 16-08-2021 01:32 PM)
JonoG
Pioneer
Options
I have just rang Samsung because my wife has just had an email to upgrade her handset. She currently has the S20 plus and has had it for 12 months now. She loves the Z Flip 3 and I saw that this is now part of the upgrade programme. This wasn't the case last year so I was pleasantly surprised it has been included this time round. However, I go to order it in the upgrade lounge and it isn't there to select. It only has options for S21? I thought it may be because it isn't released bit thought I would ring anyway. Guy at Samsung told me that you can't upgrade from an S product to a Z product. I asked why and he could explain to me. I am prepared to pay more money but instead his advice was.... " wait for your contract to run out (another year), then cancel and upgrade to the Z"...... by this time the next model will be out and it defeats the whole reason for me using the upgrade programme. 

The whole Samsung upgrade programme is a joke. If only the customer service was decent it would stand a chance. Its a joke to talk to anyone who knows what they're on about. Honestly, one of the worst customer service experiences there is trying to sort something through the upgrade programme. My TV is Samsung and something went wrong with that recently.... English call centre, repair organised, engineer booked in, TV repaired and all sorted within 5 days. That's how it should be for Samsung. Upgrade Programme..... Good luck sorting anything. I will let my phone go one more year and also wife's then we're off. Such a shame because I really want it to work.... Samsung, take my money if you can provide me with a new phone every 12 months and make it easy to sort out. If I want a Z Flip or Fold let me pay you for it. If I then want an S model let me. Don't make it hard work like you're doing right now!! SORT IT OUT!
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Your not alone with wanting to upgrade to the Samsung flip or fold but unfortunately with the Samsung Upgrade Programme your limited to the phone models that's available to you.

Another option could be to sell the Samsung Galaxy s20 Plus and use the funds to help buy the flip.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @JonoG.

If you've been a part of the Samsung Upgrade Programme for 12 months, you will now be entering the period of eligibility and will receive an email notifying you of this so that you can upgrade to the next generation of your current device - the S21 series - now. 

At the moment, as you know and have been advised, it is not possible to switch from one series to another on the Samsung Upgrade Programme and this is currently embedded into the way that the Upgrade Programme works so is not something that we can facilitate. We have relayed to the business that there is interest in switching between the series of device during the period of the upgrade programme as a result of your feedback.  

SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

Thanks @BandOfBrothers, it's certainly something we're looking at but is just something that we cannot do through the programme at this time. 

Of course, if you chose to sell your handset at this stage while on the currently Samsung Upgrade Programme for S21+ whilst also signing up for an agreement for Z Flip3 you would be engaged in 2 agreements at once which is worth considering when looking at your options. 

JonoG
Pioneer
Options
Well hopefully something can come from this. As a business it makes no sense to want more money from a consumer? I am willing to pay Samsung MORE money to do it. It's a silly silly idea that one person should be restricted to a "series" of phone on the upgrade programme when I am buying into the brand, not the specific model because that changes every 12 months. This needs changing and soon, if Samsung are pushing the series as hard as they look like they are they need to assist existing customers in getting their hands on one.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @SachikoT 

Ah yes I now understand the term is for 24 months  🙄 @SachikoT 

I suppose it depends on how desperately the Op wants the Samsung Flip.

If disposable income allows perhaps buy it directly from Samsung @JonoG 

Unfortunately there is going to be pros and cons of being invested in the Samsung Upgrade Programme. 

0 Likes
JonoG
Pioneer
Options
That is not an option. Taking out 2 contracts at the same time is crazy. The idea of this programme is to provide a customer with the latest handset every 12 months. You hand in your old phone and get a new one. As easy as that... However, Samsung are such hard work that even this is an issue. Honestly, I'm in shock that you can't change between series of phones. So ridiculous. I wish I hated Samsung phones or had some better choice on android because I wouldn't use Samsung as a company. I hate Apple devices but even they get customer service right!!! Amazing... honestly, I'm beyond words. Nothing will come of this "relaying to the business". Samsung don't care about people on the upgrade programme.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I appreciate this not being an option for you @JonoG 

There was a recent post similar to yours where that Op couldn't switch phone's series too.

I assume buying outright isn't an option either  ?

0 Likes
JonoG
Pioneer
Options
No it's not an option, I signed up to be able to upgrade to the latest handset every 12 months. Its not a case of not having the money to buy outright, I could if I wanted but it's principle of being restricted to a single series when you could easily include everything in the upgrade programme. My monthly payment would just need to change to reflect my upgrade..... I'm happy with that because its what needs to happen, however, not having the option to even pay more for a different phone is just crazy. Honestly, Samsung are costing themselves money by not allowing this as an option. If I was a major shareholder I would be asking some big questions of the people who made this decision.......
Thy1
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue. I don't want to upgrade to the s21. I would prefer to upgrade to the flip.  The wording of the upgrade programme says upgrade to the latest galaxy after 12 months.  The latest galaxy at the end of my 12 months is the flip and that is the phone I want to upgrade to.  The wording promises the latest. By forcing me to upgrade to another s series is not delivery on their promise of allowing me to upgrade to the latest galaxy.  This is unacceptable.  

0 Likes