Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swipe Gestures?? HELP! - UI 6.1 Update

(Topic created on: a month ago)
BailaLeila
Journeyman
Options
Hi, after the recent and awful UI update, the swipe gestures have changed.
I used to swipe from the bottom left to see all my open apps, easily jumping between them or easily closing them. Now .... nothing and can't find how to open that page or anything about it 😞 😞
22 REPLIES 22
Skychii
Student
Options
Before the update, the swipes gestures were all on the bottom, with back on the bottom right, home in the middle, and open apps on the bottom left. Since the update they have changed and they are awful! They also don't work as you can't get the open apps screen up. I have had to change back to buttons which I don't like using. I have tried using GoodLock's NavStar but that doesn't work either.
Is there anyway to put the swipe gestures back to how they used to be? Or to go back to a previous version before the update?
Thank you! 
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Google has implemented the new way of navigating. To accommodate the AI feature.
Only way is to go back to the previous software. But this won't really be something you can do.
I'm sure there is some third party way of getting the gestures you want.
Have a search on the forum here as I have seen a number of posts about this subject
BailaLeila
Journeyman
Options
I completely agree, I hate the new gestures! AND how the hell do I get to all my open apps!?? Used to be just a swipe on the bottom left, now I can't do anything 😞 😞 😞
Skychii
Student
Options
Yes it's awful! Hopefully they fix it soon with the amount of people complaining 🙄 😒
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you are talking about getting to the recents apps.
If you swipe up from the bottom and hold it briefly. The recents apps will show up.
I'm sure with all the complaints, Google will have to come up with another idea. But it's what we have for now
BailaLeila
Journeyman
Options
Oh, thank you so much!
Yep, it's rubbish how they've changed it, but at least I know how to get to it now :smiling-face:
They definitely need to get that one fixed back
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Opening recents apps. You need to swipe up from the bottom and hold it briefly.
Swiping up from the bottom normally would go back to the home page
Tapping and holding the middle at the bottom opens the AI circle to search feature
As you will know by now swiping from the left or right goes back a page.
Wombat33
Student
Options
I miss the three button swipe gestures 😞
BailaLeila
Journeyman
Options
Me too, man, me too!