Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable ONE UI 4 Galaxy Fold 3

(Topic created on: 28-12-2021 04:31 PM)
apokian
Apprentice
Options
Where the hell is ONE UI 4, and why is Samsung so silent on the matter? We could even sign up to the Betas in the UK as far as I could tell. 
14 REPLIES 14
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
My S21 Ultra had the ONE UI4 update weeks ago on EE and if I were a Fold 3 owner paying roughly £90 a month or £1500 or whatever up front I would not be a happy bunny. It is Samsung's flagship device after all, but this makes me think that they may have a glitch in the update relating to the Fold 3 and are ironing that out before release?. Good luck to all you Fold 3 owners anyway. I hope you get your stable update soon. 👍
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There are big issues with Google which is why updates got pulled. To be honest you are better off with 11 until Google get their act together. If I could roll back to 11, I would.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
If you want other members (read Customers) to offer help, please think about how you phrase things. "Where the hell" isn't a great start.

If you had searched the forum, you'll have seen that there are many threads on this matter already.

Quite simply, Google released buggy software, Samsung did release One UI4 but then pulled it due to multiple issues. This is also affecting Pixel 6 and 6 Pro owners.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm most definitely in the camp of wanting a stable software update for my Fold³

Patience is certainly a virtue while Google and Samsung get the bugs ironed out.

Initial reports seem to suggest the rollout has begun again.

Imagine if Samsung kept pushing the update that's known to have some bugs to satisfy people's wants for new software. Now there's a backlash in the making.

When Android 12 with Samsung One Ui 4 is available as an update for my Fold³ then I'll try my best to ensure the update is stable for my phone before accepting it onto my stable phone. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Obviously there are issues which are detailed in other threads, more important that the release is as stable as possible.  That being said I only ever had minor issues on  the S21 Ultra  with One UI 4.0.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

redjj1492
Pioneer
Options
😳Why should he rephrase how he said who cares who reads it

" He paid his money he's entitled to his opinion" 💰💰💰💰
So what if whoever don't like what they read "it's the truth" 😱
Or are we afraid to offend Samsung or put other users off from buying these devices . 🤔

Due to. the reasons he stated,
After all we are Samsung users and its a forum... 🤔
0 Likes
apokian
Apprentice
Options
Appreciate your message. However, its more out of frustration... surely we all expect more from a company such a Samsung. Their flagship device and yet its lacking behind other phones.

Unless users speak up, they're often not heard. If a company announces stable releases, one would expect the £1399 phone to be amount the first to get the release.

Appreciate there may be tweaks, refinements. However this is what the alphas and beta tests are for.

Hopefully, we see an update in the coming months.
apokian
Apprentice
Options
Is there an article anywhere on this? I had previously read about android 12.1 being a more foldable orientated update and was presumably made for Googles upcoming foldable too.

I also haven't read of many user problems with 12 on the fold?
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options