Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen driver crash when unfolding the Flip 3

(Topic created on: 27-09-2023 09:02 PM)
Hmbucker
First Poster
Options

Dear Samsung

Please let me introduce myself first, I am a software developer with an embedded mobile past.
When I bought my Flip 3 about a year ago I really instantly knew this was the device made for me... until...
I suddenly stumbled upon an issue that immediately made me think of a screen driver crash.  It started looking on the web and could not believe to see so many people suffering from the same issue.

When you unfold the Flip 3 the screen turns on and immediately blancs out (or should I say darkens out). When pressing the power button and then using the same button reading my fingerprint, it turns back on.  Come on guys, this is not a hardware issue, but clearly a bug from which a lot of people, your customers, seem to suffer.

Now, after all this time, don't you think this is impacting your Flip sales, please guys fix this!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Doesn't happen on my 2 year old Flip3 - screen comes on as soon as I start to unfold it and stays on all the way through unfolding it
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Just to let you know this is mainly a customer to customer site. A moderator may read this and forward it to samsung but samsung themselves won't directly read this. Hope it gets sorted for you
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Hmbucker ,

If you believe that this is a software issue that you and others are encountering it's best to send error reports with log files via the Members app.

As soon as the issue occurs (within 15 minutes is best):

Samsung Members > Support > Send Feedback > Error Reports > [select error type] > choose frequency of issue, and write an accurate and good description (and attach any screenshots/pictures/videos showing the issue if you want/are able to) > tick ‘Send system log data’ > Send (the > icon on the top right).

(Or: Long-press the Samsung Members icon on the Apps screen, and select 'Error reports' from the dropdown menu, and follow the steps from there.)

That will send that report and log files for the Samsung developers to analyse. The more and accurate information the developers get, the better for them producing an effective fix.