Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zold4 when unfolding shutdown - SAMSUNG DIDN'T Repair in Warrenty

(Topic created on: 14-11-2023 07:32 PM)
RonaldJogaib
Apprentice
Options

My Zold4 began to present the following malfunction
Zfold 4 cell phone, when unfolding the screen (Unfolding) turns off and does not turn back on normally, making it necessary to hold the power button and volume down to be able to turn it back on. The cell phone becomes overheated during this process. Even when you can open the cell phone screen, when trying to write on the internal screen there is a section where the pen is not recognized. 
The product was sent for technical assistance authorized by SAMSUNG itself, at the Samsung Service Center Saint Germain Building - R. Aurelino Leal, 40 - room 205 - (21) 3311-8888, and the problem was registered under Service Order No. 4168159423 , on 10/11/2023. However, technical assistance decided to repair the product claiming it was not under warranty, and I have a letter from SAMSUNG that extended my warranty until 11/28/2023, due to another problem that occurred in July 2023.

I contacted SAMSUNG online chat again, where the CHAT file will be attached, and I confirmed with the letter I have from SAMSUNG itself that my warranty runs until 11/28/2023. SAMSUNG is still analyzing my repair, as my cell phone is extremely important in my work use, which requires authentication applications to release accounts for professional use, such as the email features of many software programs that reveal double authentication.

After researching similar problems with many users, it was found that this problem is a HIDDEN PRODUCT ADDICTION, as according to the link below, several users encountered the same problem, including a report of the problem being posted in the manufacturer's own community, on the other hand user.

Link to other users with the same problem:
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-z-fold-z-flip/z-fold-4-crashes-when-unfolding/td-p/608552...
https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyFold/comments/11guchw/galaxy_fold_4_crashes_when_unfolded/?onetap_aut...
https://youtu.be/BGm9o6GkqzY?si=O0zJoAgBnSGm4Qcq

SAMSUNG took a position saying that it will not repair my product, first claiming that the warranty had expired, according to the online chat with SAMSUNG on the support website and after presenting the letter that my cell phone was under warranty, SAMSUNG claimed that the The problem was due to misuse of the device, and my device did not fall and there is no external damage that would justify such a problem. As demonstrated on the websites above, the device problem has already occurred with several SAMSUNG ZFOLD4 lines.

4 REPLIES 4
MorningBlunt
Helping Hand
Options
So are you in the US or UK?

MB
0 Likes
RonaldJogaib
Apprentice
Options

I'm in Brazil. 

0 Likes
Stefan chavdarov
First Poster
Options

Absolutely the same problem with my fold 4...

0 Likes
RetroWarrior
First Poster
Options

Mine started doing the same thing. I called Samsung Care as I pay $11/month for their insurance. They gave me all sorts of possible options (which I had already tried). I was patient, but insistent that I wanted a replacement sent out to me and to send the phone I have back to them under my Care plan as a claim. There is ZERO deductible for doing this. They will charge a dollar on a credit card or bank card to process it and then HOLD 990 (for the 512GB ZF4 version), then release that hold and refund the dollar as soon as they receive the malfunctioning device. When you call, you just have to make sure you've covered all the troubleshooting points and then insist that this is the option you want to go with. They should send a replacement phone within one business day.

Here is a link to Samsung's Care plan benefits I found. This includes even accidental damage. https://img.servify.in/samsung/Samsung_Care%2B_Plan_Benfits_Information.pdf

If you are only going from the standard warranty, then the benefits may be different. So I would recommend checking to see what your warranty coverage includes. Hopefully they will fix their notes in their system and validate your extended warranty.

0 Likes