Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Z Fold 3 - Fold Screen Black Line

(Topic created on: 11-11-2022 06:40 AM)
Kwok_1994
Journeyman
Options
Hello to the readers,

Im seeking advise from people who have experienced my current issue.

I saw a thin hair black line on the fold screen and thought it was my hair, I closed and opened the screen and it snapped into a 5mm width black line going from top to bottom of the phone. The right side isn't responding, only the left.

I've never tampered or dropped the screen that could cause this, only used it as intended. 

Does warranty cover this as online forums and sales people aren't specific due to various reasons. I've replaced the upper most screen protector with my own but not the thin one which has bubbles now.

28 REPLIES 28
Kwok_1994
Journeyman
Options
Book a Samsung repaired session and take it in as is. They can determine the situation and feel any errors with the hinge. Back up your data as well!
0 Likes
etreby
Apprentice
Options

so I went to my local Samsung repair I asked them, and they told me I have to pay 300 dollars to replace the inner screen since it was out of the guarantee with 2 months I agreed since there was nothing I could do to fix my phone and after waiting 1 month for my phone to get back I got my phone back after another month I got my phone and the first thing I noticed that my phone vibration is buzzing and not working as it was I asked them what the heck is that they told me to try it any way we don't think you need to retake your phone now when you just back it and fix it you have a new 6-month guarantee for the repair so I used my phone for a little bit for a month or something I couldn't stand the vibration sound and I noticed also it's not working for ringing back to the same tech guy in Samsung store he told me ahh it's a software you have to erase your data I told him i need my data he assured me i still have the 6 month window so i go backup my phone travekd and back after a month to give them my phone they take it told me it will take a a weak that didn;t happen then i get a call asking me do you agree for raipair fee's and i told them what repair fee you broke it you fix it i give you the phone with vibration working and you return it with beat not working they you had to give it back right away in the same time and i waited another month after agreeing to repair and pay what was not my mistake for the second time and finally got my phone to find out the camera has dust particles from inside i really fedup and not sending it again i am not going through this hussle i am going to to buy any other not summsung phone and never going to sumssung again it's the worst service ever i had in my life

0 Likes
zfold3hasafault
Student
Options
Literally 1000's of people having a same problem, so the issue is your fault and not MISUSE, WATER DAMAGE... or whatever strange reason you want to claim to charge people.
Disgusting that Samsung has a decency to admit and refund people for this VERY EXPENSIVE PHONE.
0 Likes
zfold3hasafault
Student
Options
Same happened to me today
0 Likes
Members_ND58uKE
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue , samsung checked the phone and there was a mark on the edge from when i put my case on the phone. The said that i dropped it and wont repair or replace , the phone is under 1 year old and now i have a fold Z 3 that I cannot fold out as the screen is completly black. Very Poor service and i have been a samsung fan for as long as i remember. 

0 Likes
Flynn76
First Poster
Options
Hi how long did the repair take?
0 Likes
lozza12
First Poster
Options
I've had mine down under warranty it took no longer than a week but its has happened again already and I only got it done in August 2023. I am now taking it higher
0 Likes
Amadeuss31
First Poster
Options

Heh, this just happened to me about 2 weeks ago. I had the phone for I believe close to 2 years now and I probably opened it 20 times. Very disappointed with it now. I guess Samsung just lost me as a customer. I did remove the protective films AFTER the line showed up as I am not planning to repair it. However it seems to be a common problem and many were told it was due to customer damage. Also never dropped nor any liquids near it it worked properly today then when I opened it a day or two later the line was there all of a sudden.

0 Likes
Dursley
First Poster
Options
Happened to me yesterday on my z4 fold, 13 months old.
Closest repair shop is 16 miles away.
Manufacturer warranty is 2 years, so mine is still in warranty until January 2025.
Will update once iv been to the shop this week
0 Likes