Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip4 Screen Issues

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Members_XJFr1pp
Student
Options

Hi all,

Just wanted to run this past the collective and get any thoughts.

I've seen the posts around screen issues of various types with the Flip4. My partner has one and so far it's had two new screens. The first time it was accidentally dropped and it damaged the case (and they changed the screen at the same time) and the second time the touch on the bottom half of the screen (handy when having to put in your pin number) stopped working about 4 months later. Thankfully the second time it was replaced free of charge as was still warrantied from the first replacement.

Now... here's the thing, yesterday the very top portion of the bottom half of the screen has started playing up with regards to touch, so again 1, 2 and 3 are not responsive when having to put in a pin number. I'm disappointed that it's playing up YET AGAIN and wondered what other's experiences were and whether they got replacement devices from Samsung or what had happened. It's been in a case the whole time never dropped (well since the accidental one and even then the screen wasn't damaged just the hinge was dented).

Wondering where to go next as the missus is sort of saying she doesn't want it any more

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BenLan
Student
Options
I had mine for 18months and never had an issue but I have heard when the screen is replaced they tend to not be as well put back together as they are at the factory. I would maybe raise the issue with Samsung and see what they are willing to do.
OmegaMutant
Pathfinder
Options
If still under warranty then call support to discuss your concerns.

I think the only time Samsung will replace the phone if it's within first 30 days, if purchased directly through them. If the phone can't be fixed at all, then I'd assume they'd replace then but either way, you'll need to get an engineer to look at the phone.

Have you done any troubleshooting steps to try and resolve?
0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
If still within the guarantee period of the 2nd repair, then surely Samsung should offer to repair again? How many times a part has to fail in order to get a refund, i can't say. Bear in mind though, the 1st screen replacement doesn't count as this was down to user damage. You'll need to speak to Samsung, as they're the best ones to advise you of your options.
0 Likes
Members_XJFr1pp
Student
Options

Thanks,

It will still be under warranty from the last repair (overall warranty will have passed to be honest) as you suggest I'll contact support and see what they say.

0 Likes
MorningBlunt
Helping Hand
Options
Yep, contact support and use as trade in if need.

MB
0 Likes