Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung trade in with broken back glass?

(Topic created on: 15-08-2022 09:01 PM)
garcea
Pioneer
Options
Hi does anyone knows if i can trade in my samsung phone if i have cracked back glass? On samsung website they mention only about no cracked screen and normal wear and tear.I could always replace the back glass but will be a different imei on it.
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I would carefully read the terms and conditions of the trade in personally.
The likelihood of a clause in there that would reduce the value of the trade in.
You may end up owing some of the cost.
A call to Samsung Customer Support as well.
But very carefully read the terms and conditions first
Kev55
Pathfinder
Options
I'm sure there is often a "any phone, any condition" trade in advertised ... check the options for the S22 directly on the Samsung store, I've done a few trade-ins recently and it's a really slick service 👌
0 Likes
DannyT
Options

That's right. When trading in a broken phone it just needs to meet a couple of conditions.

- Device powers on and holds charge

- Factory reset and no software locks

- No outstanding finance or credit

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
Dragonreb2
Explorer
Options
I previously traded in a Samsung with a cracked screen, they asked me to pay the repair cost before it was accepted, but it was a very smooth process.

The phone arrives at their lab, they inspect and send a detailed report, you pay, Bob's yer uncle ☺
0 Likes
bwjohnson
First Poster
Options

Hey, if you don't mind my asking, how much was it for the repair? I traded in my s20 for a z flip before I'd taken it out of the case. the screen's fine, but I only took it out today to see, and the back glass is cracked somehow... inside an otter box... lol

and forgive me I'm just kinda freaking out right now because oem repairs are usually super pricy... 

0 Likes
Dragonreb2
Explorer
Options
Front screen for my S10 was £100 a few years back. They usually charge you the standard oem repair price.
0 Likes