Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung refuse to repair my Z Flip

(Topic created on: 04-04-2022 02:04 PM)
godfreys48
First Poster
Options

When my husband bought me a Samsung Z Flip 5G mobile phone for my birthday, I was really pleased with it. I like the way that it folds neatly into my pocket or bag and I can take snaps and see messages on the cover screen, without opening it.

Eight months later, the cover screen stopped working. I had it fixed under warranty. 10 months later, the cover screen stopped working again. This time, I have been told that I have invalidated the warranty by dropping it as there are some dead pixels on the main screen near the hinge due to impact damage. It will cost nearly £500 to repair both faults and restore the warranty. I hadn’t noticed the main screen damage and as far as I’m concerned, it is working fine. I can't remember when I dropped it, but I probably have done in the 18 months I've had it. I do not believe that the impact affected the cover screen, which was working fine one day and not the next and I definitely did not drop it over that day. I want the cover screen fixed, either under warranty or by paying the repair fee, which is approximately £80.

Samsung refused to do this.

They explained that they have a policy to repair all the parts needed to bring the phone back to warranty status during the two-year term and do not do part-repairs, so I will have to pay £500. As an alternative, they suggested that I trade it in for £250 and spend £00s on a new phone. Apparently when the warranty has expired, I might be able to have just the cover screen repaired for the relevant fee.

I choose to do nothing.

This is extremely frustrating. I am now stuck with a partly working phone and am very unlikely to recommend either  Samsung or a flip/fold phone.

13 REPLIES 13
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
This is what is meant by the expression "flipping you off"🖕 - good old Samsung! 😒
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
this is because Samsung sucks
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I totally understand and appreciate your frustration with this.

It has always been the case that if a phone needs more repairs than just the one you've highlighted to Samsung to bring it in line with the warranty status then they'll assess the phone , and give a list of the needed repairs.

i.e

I've seen where something on a phone needs repairing but because there's a cracked screen for example they'll insist this needs repairing too.

You obviously have a choice on which avenue to currently take as you described in your post.

Personally I would have chosen the same as you especially if the phone works OK apart from the dead pixels.

Or you coukd look to see if yiur phone is covered under any relevant Household Insurance and or sometines a Bank Account provides cover as a perk of the account. Obviously there might be excess fee's and premiums may go up on the next renewal.

I wish you all the best. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Az7854
Journeyman
Options

You did not drop this trust me go check all the reviews for (tmt) third party company they are damaging phones and asking for a high repair this has happened to me with the zfold3 sent my phone perfectly fine sent in for slow lagging when it arrived apparently it had impact damage which is a lie Samsung are helping this con company tmt get away with stuff like this we need to take this matter forward STAY CLEAR OF SAMSUNG 

Marksifu
Journeyman
Options

Had same with flip after 2 days previous having had my fold repaired.. disgusting product with common fault that is all over Google and they still do nothing ... but male money out of repairs .. 

0 Likes
ponchyy
Journeyman
Options

Let's come together on instagram and take these scammers down!  tmt_first_scammers 

Chris B
Journeyman
Options

I have just experienced their shoddy, unethical business model.

Phone was immaculate but battery was faulty.

Accused of misuse and damage and told that I needed a replacement screen! 

Samsung just shrug their shoulders and say that engineers report is based on evidence and cannot be overturned.

I don't use (nor want) Instagram but I do want to expose TMT First for their unacceptable business practises.

Is there anywhere else online that people are congregating to raise a joint complaint?  If there isn't, I shall be starting a private Facebook group in the very near future and we can collate our experiences so I can prepare a portfolio to give to UK Trading Standards.

This cannot and must not be allowed to continue!

I have owned at least 14 phones/tabs/monitors/tv's but the way I have been treated this last 2 weeks has made me extremely reluctant to purchase a Samsung device ever again! 

ZFold3, Tab s7+, Tab A (2016)
ponchyy
Journeyman
Options
Please do!! I tried but not getting much luck! Maybe start a thread here? And on Facebook? How about a WhatsApp group? Keep me updated please we can't be the only people feeling scammed by samsungs 3rd parties the fact all my devices are samsung makes it worse I feel your pain!
Chris B
Journeyman
Options

I have started a thread in "The Lounge".

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/tmt-first-complaints/m-p/5773787#M14206

I am absolutely astonished by how many Google 1 star reviews all describe the same underhand method that they use. I shall be registering a complaint direct with Stoke Trading Standards but I will suggest to them that this be treated as a national complaint.

Samsung customer service are not interested. They have now emailed me to say that because I have refused to pay the amount quoted for the repair, they are arranging for the phone to be returned. I haven't even received a quote yet! All I have had is the emails from Samsung telling me that the phone has been "damaged" by my "misuse".

It really is a scam of monumental proportion. 

ZFold3, Tab s7+, Tab A (2016)
0 Likes