Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung OS

(Topic created on: 12-03-2023 03:43 AM)
JB9500
Explorer
Options
I noticed when I viewed my storage the samsung operating system is using above 90 GB of my storage why does it use that much storage?
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The phone will use a good chunk of storage for the OS and will gate some off for future updates @JB9500 

In the section your looking at is there a % for the apps or a showing. If so tap on it.

Can you also screenshot the page showing your stats and post it here.

Sometimes clearing cache can help > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Busywait
First Poster
Options
I just looked on my S23 Ultra and saw 90.00 GB storage use by "System". There was an exclamation mark (!) instead of a number for Apps.

When I clicked/touched the (!) and gave the requested permission then the value reported for system storage went down by 31.53GB, and I could see which apps were using that storage.Screenshot_20230312_074959_One UI Home_1000014622_1678607399.jpg
0 Likes
JB9500
Explorer
Options
You got more storage then me ha ha mines only a 128GB
0 Likes
JB9500
Explorer
Options
Yeah that will be a problem for me a pc with working ports is not USB c and at the moment it has a corupt hard drive I need to change out
0 Likes