Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 Outer Screen Issues

(Topic created on: 29-12-2021 09:20 AM)
fred72matt
First Poster
Options

I have had this phone from launch never dropped or wet. A couple of weeks ago I noticed the outer screen getting unresponsive some times. 2 days ago I started randomly getting this pixelated screen and today the screen went out completely for about 30 minutes. Samsung referred me to UbreakitIfixit for warranty work. The phone is barely 3 months old why not just replace the phone entirely?IMG-20211228-WA0013.jpgIMG-20211228-WA0014.jpg 

6 REPLIES 6
LongTall
Explorer
Options
Nightmare, keep onto them! You've got to start afresh. That will wreck your eyes 👀
0 Likes
BrianHD88
Pathfinder
Options
The z folds are one phones I would avoid having too expensive and unless your going too spend at least over 40 quid on a decent case they going to get Scratched or brake easier
friedolays
First Poster
Options

Looks like we have the same issue!! Mine also lost its wifi capability. Phone was never damaged on my end. Its in for repairs right now. I imagine it will be warranty since its not due to any damage.

0 Likes
Torsby
Student
Options
I am having such a horrible experience wit my Samsung Z fold 3. The screen developed a line right in the middle then stop being responsive. I got this phone this January 2022..I never drop or dented this phone. I sent it in for repairs only to be told I damage it and it is out of warranty (warranty is void). Now they want me to pay £409 to fix it. I complained to customer service, the replied to say they will not help me. I'm so furious with Samsung
Jose Cassoma
First Poster
Options

Hi Torshy, I had the same problem here. I did not even touch the phone for long. The same month on purchase I had the same problem. The screen developed the same line in the middle and later started not responding. I have dropped it for warranty. Now the reports says it has internal cracks. And out of warranty.

A new phone just purchased on the same month.. 

This is insane. I will take this up. 

Torsby
Student
Options
Jose, we are both in the same situation of being ripped off by Samsung through their so called Out of warranty scam. I am a long time Samsung user but with this bad experience, I will not recommend it to anyone again, especially this Z fold. Instead of Samsung owning up to their flawed phone, their have teamed up with their dodgy repair centre TMT First to quickly void the warranty then pushed the blame on me. Worse off, Samsung Customer Service is so unhelpful and will just repeat script to me over and over.." we are going by or standing by what our repair centre report says". Sadly, the Samsung rep told me it cannot be escalated any further. It's like I have hit a brick wall. So stressful, frustrating and time consuming.
0 Likes