Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Customer service rubbish and TMT first even worst

(Topic created on: 25-02-2022 06:17 PM)
aldos62
Apprentice
Options

after 4 months I purchased a flip 3, the screen protector film lifted up. Being in warranty I contacted the support that told me to not change it myself or anywhere but the authorized assistance. I sent then the mobile to TMT First as per help desk  instruction  to have the screen protector replaced. After a few days TMT First contacted me telling me the mobile has an "impact damage" and need replace the screen for 280£ not covered by warranty. after a check on google review I can see that over 50% of TMT customers had the same issue. Unexisting damages or so, to make you pay the repair oustide warranty.

Contacted samsung support they told me to cancel the repair and get the mobile back without fixing it. So after 4 months and 1000 £. I have a mobile that is not covered by warranty because an pretended "impact damage". I advise others and i will do, not buy a Samsung anymore and avoid their assistance because Samsung is not bother to check what they do, not taking care of people reviews and complaints, repair centres are taking monies from customer playing around the warranty.  Samsung halpdesk also is useless or even counterproducing because: "get back the mobile unrepaired" is not a solution.      

13 REPLIES 13
telescope
Pioneer
Options
That's terrible 😕. Thanks for warning.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I've heard quite a few all saying the same thing. It's concerning as usually no proof is given for the diagnosis.
Annoyingly, it's obviously a third party repairer and I wonder if they are getting extra money for doing the damaged repairs as they will be done through the third party and nothing to do with Samsung.

I had questions marks about getting the screen repaired on my Note 20 Ultra and still smarting and feel I was conned into having to pay for the repair.

Others have replaced the screen protector themselves or removed it altogether.
I'd recommend putting one on though.
weskerevil
Voyager
Options
Read my review Mark Jervis on
tmt first absolutely appalling service from them
nico81arg
Pathfinder
Options
You should check their truspilot and comments on social media..., nothing good coming from Samsung customer service... dealing with them it's a nightmare
Didoo
Explorer
Options
100% agree shocking customer service.
inwe85
Explorer
Options

Seems like a worldwide situation, they are unilaterally proclaiming that a crack on the fold, of a foldable phone, is user fault and therefore void the warranty. But the best part is the "good will" repair price they are willing to compromise on. Shocking that such crooks are allowed to operate on an international basis. Toilet paper is worth more (especially in a pandemic) than the paper their warranty is printed on!

Timo63
Explorer
Options
Look familiar?OTH_20220627_124515[1] (2)_12473_1656355624.jpg
aldos62
Apprentice
Options

yes same like me xD

0 Likes
ZubairAhmad
First Poster
Options
I bought Samsung galaxy A32 5G in July 2021. The screen went dark, can't see anything. It was not broken or damaged. I called Samsung as device was still in warranty. DPD collected and delivered to TMT First repair. I got email from TMT First repair quoting £94 repair cost for replacement LCD, even device was within warranty. I received device after repair. I tried to setup device but lcd touch screen was not functional. I requested for refund. I was told by TMT First repair that I need to send back the device so that they can check whether lcd is not functional. I'm calling every day but TMT First repair is continuously having same answer that waiting for technician to check the device. I paid the cost, device was not repaired, waiting for refund. Nothing is happening. I'm recording all correspondence as I know it will lead to court as I will get refund through my bank. Very disappointed repair experience. Stay away from Samsung and from TMT First repair. Samsung didn't responding after booking collection for repair. Never but Samsung products and never use TMT First repair service.