Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

***Resolved*** Does removing the screen protector void the warranty?

(Topic created on: 06-01-2023 05:24 AM)
Zazzu
Apprentice
Options
I've checked the phones manual and it doesn't say anywhere theat by removing the screen protector that it voids the warranty.

But it does say leaving the screen protector on to minimise screen damage.

Anyway, the reason for the question is I'm currently disputing a repair issue with EE for a 10 month old Flip 3. Basically when closing the flip, it powers down the phone.

There is nothing wrong with the phone when connected to a power source, but when running on battery it powers off when closing the flip.

To me the issue seems to be with a loose power ribbon connector.

But EE won't repair it under warranty as there is no screen protector.

I have escalated this and waiting for a response.

But what is the view of fellow flip owners?

Any feedback appreciated, thx.

7 REPLIES 7
Zazzu
Apprentice
Options
I fully agree. I've asked the EE engineer to provide a full repair report.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As far as I'm aware @Zazzu removing the internal screen protector on a Flip³ or Fold³ does not invalidate the manufacturer warranty.

However the caveat is if you damage the screen in the process of removing it then this will mean any repair can be chargeable.

See is a Samsung Service Centre will help you !

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Solution
Zazzu
Apprentice
Options
Just a quick post to say I got this resolved.

I ended up booking a repair directly with Samsung and went to their store in Manchester.

After a week they said they couldn't repair the phone and offered me the full amount I paid for the phone. (They also confirmed removing the screen protector doesn't void the warranty, but would affect any screen damage claims).

So, in summary. Book a repair directly with Samsung instead of your network provider, especially if it is EE.

Also, to all the people at Samsung, you guys are awesome and your customer service is the best!
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm happy to hear Samsung resolved the issue to a mutual resolution and that they supported part of my response that removing the factory fitted screen protector does not invalidate the warranty.

I wish you all the best @Zazzu  👍 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Leachy1203
First Poster
Options
I've removed my screen protector because it was damaged I caused no damage to the screen but sometimes when I open the phone it goes blank samsung have told me I have to pay for a repair..
0 Likes
Lucas Rutger
First Poster
Options

How do they know if removing the screen was what damaged it?

0 Likes
zoestaffs123
First Poster
Options
I'm going through the exact same thing now. My Z Flip 4 is less than a year old. The signal started to go funny. I couldn't make or receive calls. Then it wouldn't charge properly. Slow charging with every cable/plug combo.
Then one night. The cover screen (when closed) was working. But when I flipped it open. It was black and unresponsive.
Took it to the EE store. Sent it off for repair. Got a receipt saying my handset was I good condition. No cracks or dents Didn't hear anything for 13 days.
Long story short. It's now got a crack on the hinge and a "dent" on the screen. As I've removed the protective film. Its void warranty. My phone has always has a case on it from day one.
Now they want £365 to repair it!!
Did your problem get resolved? If so, how? What did you have to do?
0 Likes