Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power saving when turned off

(Topic created on: 27-12-2021 12:45 PM)
johne53
Pathfinder
Options

I've had a Galaxy Z Flip3 for about a month now. Battery usage (assuming I don't make or receive any calls) will typically drop by about 8% per day - but of that, about 3% occurs at night while the phone's turned off.  My previous phone used almost no power at all when turned off.

Just before Christmas a message popped up, asking if I wanted to reduce battery usage while the phone's turned off so I clicked to answer 'Yes'. I know that it's changed something because a new icon's appeared which looks a bit like a battery with a small triangle inside it. However, the overnight battery usage doesn't seem to have changed.

I'd like to find out where I can set & unset this feature (so I can check if there's genuinely no difference or if it's all my imagination). But I can't find any setting that'll turn it off & on. Where should I be looking?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
It's most likely scanning for vulnerabilities and backing up to cloud storage overnight
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @johne53 

Settings,  Battery and Device Care,  Battery then toggle Off Power Saving Mode

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Power saving mode is on the second row down on my pull down toggle bar at the top of the screen johne53 on my S21 Ultra running android 12. It should be somewhere there for you?. Please see screenshot below.

Screenshot_20211227-115844_One UI Home.jpg
0 Likes
johne53
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks Big Cheese. I opened the settings for Samsung Cloud and AFAICT the only thing it ever backs up are my contacts. I might try disabling that temporarily to see if it makes any difference.

Helping Hand - thanks for that too. I'll try enabling Power Saving for a few days and then disabling it and see if I notice any difference.

0 Likes
johne53
Pathfinder
Options

If I go into Settings->Battery and Device Care->Battery->More battery settings there's an option to extend battery life by limiting its maximum charge to 85% (the option's called Protect Battery). But no matter how many times I enable that option, next time I visit that page it's always disabled again. After I change it, do I need to save the new setting somehow??

0 Likes