Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Breaking/ black line in the center or middle/

(Topic created on: 01-05-2023 06:54 PM)
Colette5
Journeyman
Options

Hello, I have had five Z Flip Flops phones in little over a year.  These phones have stop working within2 to 3 months of having them.  The cause was the black line in the middle of the phone started showing up.  Within 3 days that little black line took over the whole phone.  You could not use the phone.  Oh I  had to pay insurance $150 and it would go up every time I used my insurance.  Now I do not have phone insurance because I have filed so many claims.  Samsung should have recalled these phones instead keeping them on the market.  Samsung Z flip flop customers are having to pay out of pocket for a phone that only works 2 to 3 months.  I am going to sue Samsung because of their problem with the Z flip Flop. I have lost so much money over this phone.  Anyone eles having this problem too?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
GarlicBread
Journeyman
Options
I haven't had this problem. But most new phones have warranties for something like 6 months or a year, in future you might want to check if you have a warranty you can claim before using insurance.
0 Likes
Colette5
Journeyman
Options

Hello, how are you doing? I should have put this on my post. I did two of the phones warranty factory and the three as claim on insurance.  In the beginning I was so so dumb and claim the first two on insurance.  When I walked into Verizon only having the  third phone for two months.  I told them it's the same thing as last two times. I am not paying any insurance on my 3rd and 4th but on the 5th one I got tricked into paying insurance.  When they counted back to when I got my first flip flop. So that make It past  the factory warranty.  I hope this helps you understand why I want to get a class lawsuit together.  This phones are horrible...

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Colette5 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've had with your phone's.

I have the Samsung Fold³ which I've owned from launch day in the UK and it's been fine apart from the inner factory fitted screen protector delaminating which I've peeled away from the phone's display.

I now use it without one.

In the UK the phone's have a limited 2 year Manufacturers Warranty which I assume has the same applied to phone's in the states.

This does not cover accidental bumps or water ingress.

You maybe better helped by also posting on the dedicated Samsung Community Forum for owners in the United States. 

Unfortunately we can't move your post made here in the Eu Samsung Community Forum to the United States boards.

To add a little balance I have colleagues who own the Fold³ and Flip³ and Fold⁴ and Flip⁴ who haven't had an issue.

This I appreciate does not mean that issues happen which invariably does happen with technologies hardware and software.

I honestly do not think this is a global issue or Samsung would issue a recall.

What we don't see is people signing upto the forums to say how happy they are with their Fold and Flip phone's meaning we don't see a balanced viewpoint.

I also do see threads about taking Samsung to court. If this is how strongly you feel then you must do what you must do.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Colette5
Journeyman
Options

Hello thank you so much for the help. Yes, I am from the States to be  pacific it's the Southern States.  Now my phone is a Galaxy Z flip flop 3.  Sorry for not putting that in my earlier comments. Now I think someone lied to me at the Verizon Store.  Which I am going to get to the bottom of everything.  I am going to go back and look at my paperwork to see if I missed anything.  I just mad because five phones all had the same problem with  black line in the middle of screen.  It would start off with a small black line then within 2 to 4 day that black line would take over the whole screen.  You could not use your phone.  Listen I got to go but I will add content about my phones later.  Thank you again

0 Likes
bhupeshN
First Poster
Options
I have same issue. Its absurd that such an expensive phone and Samsung has got it all wrong. I have Samsung zfold 4 and have the screen middle black line when opened up
jdblanchard
First Poster
Options

I have a similar problem that happened tonight.  I was answering my Flip 4, and when I opened it I heard a cracking sound.  Now, there's a large black line running across where the hinge is and the touch function doesn't work on the top half of the phone.  I've done an internet search, and there seems to be a lot of people having problems like this that are related to the hinge being fragile and wearing out quickly.  I did a search to see if my warranty is still valid, and it came up as expired on the 29th of October, which doesn't make sense because I haven't had my phone for a year yet.  I got my phone through Spectrum Mobile, so I'll stop at the store and see what they say to do.  I've never had a phone have a problem in less than a year, and I'm not impressed with Samsung's flip-phones after reading how many people are having problems like we're having.  I'm also seeing that some people who take their phones to a service-center for warranty-repair are being accused of dropping their phones when they haven't and there's zero signs of external-damage to their phones.  If I find out that I'm going to have to pay for a repair, I'm going to just get another phone and make sure it isn't a Samsung phone. 

0 Likes
Members_w4y6E5X
Student
Options

I've had that exact issue. I have a huge black line down the crease of my Z Fold 4. I only got the phone in August 2023, and the line appeared on the 12th of December 2023. I called Samsung and was first told I would receive a text about the doorstep repair service they offer, and my address is covered. After hanging up, I waited for the text message for over an hour. Not receiving it, I called Samsung again and was told they do not offer doorstep service anymore. Instead, I could either post off my device or take it into an EE store, as they are supposed to have Samsung repairs. I opted to take it to an EE store, as this was the next best option and was booked at the EE store closest to my location.

Having Samsung book the appointment for me, I went into the store, only to be told this store doesn’t have Samsung repair service; it is only available at the Bull Ring in Birmingham. The worker in the EE store told me Samsung is sending anyone with a Fold/Flip phone to them just because they are EE. They are unaware that Samsung repairs are only at the branch in Birmingham Bull Ring.

So, after all of this and contacting Samsung again for probably the 5th time, they managed to book me into the EE store in Birmingham Bull Ring. I had booked a day off work as I needed to travel to the store. I explained to the call handler from Samsung that there is no physical damage to my device, and I have had a genuine Samsung case on the phone from day one and a Gorilla Glass screen protector on the outer screen. I do not want to be messed about again and was assured they would repair my device in-store, and everything would be fine.

I got to the Birmingham store and spoke to an EE staff on the ground floor who took my device and showed it to the Samsung repairs on the 1st floor. They didn’t allow me to directly speak to anyone. To my shock, the EE staff relayed the message to me that because my device has a tiny faint scratch on the actual hinge, this was enough to void my warranty. I explained this is normal wear and tear; the Samsung case doesn’t protect the hinge, and this isn't damage. The EE staff agreed with me and said this was not their decision; this was from Samsung repairs upstairs. They have a number of people with Fold/Flip devices coming in daily and are all turned away. I was in disbelief and disgust at the atrocious service. The Samsung repair staff are deliberately refusing to repair any Fold/Flip device. But it seems this isn’t just at this location; this is everywhere. Maybe it has come from higher up, or maybe they just don’t want to work and would rather sit around, waste time, and get paid their salary.

StrongHand
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I had same issue after updating to UI 6.0 on 25 Feb 2024. There is a blackline right in the middle that appeared. I am using the phone for almost 2 years.WhatsApp Image 2024-02-26 at 9.57.42 AM.jpeg

0 Likes
Hardiee
First Poster
Options

My Fold 4 got the black line after a few months. 

0 Likes