Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook contacts gone after Android 12 update

(Topic created on: 06-01-2022 08:35 PM)
Beershark
Pathfinder
Options
I have. Fold 3, mostly use Outlook for  a LOT of contacts... Some are stored in Google but not many.

I noticed today, after the Android 12 update that's I have lost hundreds of Outlook contacts... I have checked online and they aren't there, not in the recycle bin online or anywhere.

I use MS Outlook on the phone, synced with Samsung contacts and it usually works seemlesy... 

When I went I to contacts, recycle bin there were some in there but hundreds of contacts called unknown... But with no details and I couldn't open them anyway. 
19 REPLIES 19
Natster
First Poster
Options

Just had this happen to me. I found all the contacts in the Outlook deleted items folder and restored them back to the outlook contacts folder. Seems like the update caused outlook to delete all the contacts.

0 Likes
Beershark
Pathfinder
Options
Are they Hotmail contacts? As a massive coincidence, Hotmail had an issue the same time I was upgrading to A12 and the action buttons on their Web browser disappeared for many users at the same time contacts disappeared.
0 Likes
brunoliveira
First Poster
Options

Same problem here, Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G... 🤦

0 Likes
GZed
First Poster
Options

Same problem here on a Galaxy S10.  Most of my Outlook contacts gone and all in the deleted items folder.

I have found a post about this during the beta testing from a month ago.  How did this update get released like this and a month late its still not fixed.  Pathetic effort Samsung.

0 Likes
finbarr69
First Poster
Options

I just got the update this morning (2022-01-24) and I am finding the same problem.  Anyone from Samsung on here?

0 Likes
Members_nBKWFzv
First Poster
Options

Same here on a Galaxy S10.
Happened last week right after the upgrade to Android 12.
I managed to restore them but came back agin this morning.
I've cut the contact sync from Outlook app and add a Exchange account to see if the issue come again.

0 Likes
Beershark
Pathfinder
Options

That's a real shame for everyone.... glad most of us got them back.

When you say "deleted folder", I presume you mean in the browser at outlook.com ?  I found some there, and some in my Samsung Contacts app, restored some from here.  Many were destroyed and "unrecognised" or a contact with the number and data missing 😞

0 Likes
Members_9c76B9h
First Poster
Options

I've just had this exactly the same on my S10.

Nothing in the deleted folder on outlook.com either! What a joke!

0 Likes
Options

I'm having the same issue here. I didn't lose all my contacts, but I lost most. And the biggest problem is that they don't even appear in the list of deleted contacts in the web app https://outlook.live.com/people, so I don't know how to recover them.

0 Likes