Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Samsung Warranty if you have Care+ ??! PSA

(Topic created on: 22-03-2024 12:22 AM)
zerocylinders
First Poster
Options

I have unfortunately found that Care+ will leave you at the mercy of a third party insurance company, who will not recognize Samsung warranty policies.  As my screen cover on the Flip5 is delaminating, Samsung Tech support acknowledged the issue and offered to replace it for free.  However, since I have Care+ I cannot go through Samsung's normal repair portal (which in my area is also a third party authorized service center, but paid by Samsung).  Instead, I had to file a claim under Care+.  Care+, however, views delamination issues as "cosmetic" and refuses to cover.  So I am stuck with potentially trying to repair it myself, paying to have it repaired, or waiting until the delamination damages the screen and then making Care+ claim.  Anyone considering buying Care+ should think twice.

Will be escalating both to Samsung and Care+ teams, but so far I have been rejected by both (Samsung because they say it should be covered under Care+, and Care+ because they say it is cosmetic).

Yes, I realize I could probably replace the cover myself, but if I damage the screen I am then SOL officially, so no thanks to that...  

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
KholaI
Options

Hey @zerocylinders 

That seems a little strange. Have you tried calling our Mobile Support Team regarding this, to see if they're able to escalate this for you, or have you been in touch with our Technical Support Team on Social Media? 

If not, you can give our Mobile Support Team a call on 0333 000 0333; they're available from 8am to 8pm on weekdays, and 9am to 6pm on weekends. Alternatively, if you'd like to reach out to the Social Media Team, you can drop them a message on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter and request for them to escalate this for you.

0 Likes