Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No audio when Fold 3 is open

(Topic created on: 11-02-2023 11:12 AM)
Rafter_123
Apprentice
Options
Hi All,

Issue after issue, my audio doesn't work when I'm using the main screen. Fully open no audio but if I slightly fold the phone just before fully closing the audio works!?? How odd? 

The audio works fine when using the front screen.

Tried the reset/safe mode options no change.

Will this be covered under warranty? I did purchase the phone in Aug last year when it launched.

Do folds come with 2 year warranty? I checked my Samsung care and it expired in Aug 2022.

Not looking forward to getting in touch with Samsung!

Thanks 
65 REPLIES 65
Sucaq
First Poster
Options

i got the same issue. no audio when my phone is fully opened. though it has audio when screen is folded. it is out of warranty. not worth for the price taz after 1 year sira na. dont know how much will it cost for the repair. this is a rip off. truly incomparable to iphone.

factsonly
First Poster
Options
So many people are having this issue. Lesson learned! Never buy a fold
guest123info
First Poster
Options

Same problem (no sound unfolded) here after 15 months (warranty out). It is definitely not software upgrade issue. Came across a ton of people having this no sound problem when unfolded. You can use bluetooth for the audio when unfolded. 

This will be a common issue down the road for fold 3. Same issue as Note 9 with the screen resolution faded. However, this fold 3 is not cheap (more than 600 bucks) if sent in for repair.

JosQi
First Poster
Options

anyone figures out how to fix it? 
mine after firmware upgrade also becomes no sound when unfolding. Obviously, is Samsung firmware having issue.. (because morning is still fine, before lunch saw an update notification, but after the update showing no sound. CCTV can prove it)

I try to downgrade tonight to see if it works... if still can't work. bye bye frold3, bye bye samsung~ ~~ this makes me realize I should stop spending time and money on your other products. ( i always order your other home appliances from overseas because Malaysia lack of so many models, eg: touch panel steam oven microwave and its accessories, latest TV, Fridge....)

1. colleague newly bought an s22, and after a firmware upgrade, half of the screen become slightly greyish having a thin frame on top.  still under warranty, so able to replace. (record can prove)

2. mine z fold 3, bought it when it launch. all the while has no issue. until the latest firmware update. have sound when folded, but no sound when unfold.  Sometimes, it has a buzzing sound when receiving a notification.  after a few days. now doesn't matter whether folds or unfolds also no sound. I have to use earphones.

What makes everyone so frustrated is not which programmer causing the trouble. are you, did not stand up/face it/voice out/ assist/ reply to your customers.

as you wish~ you're so call flagship phone goes into the dustbin; or join my welcome party with Oppo FindN2? will know the result to night after the firmware rollback

Members_9jSaE33
First Poster
Options

Hi, does the sound work after you rollbacked the frimware?

0 Likes
Riverfoyle
First Poster
Options
This has just happened to me. I feel its due to a new upload version
0 Likes
Dominick1
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I'm currently having the same issue. ( NO Sound When U

Nfolded)Brought it to Service Center near me and they are currently looking in to it. Looks like it is a manufacture defect  ( My Unit is OOW)

for a $2000 phone this is not acceptable.

Dominick1
Apprentice
Options

Service Center  quote  me 31K  Pesos for the repair but I can't accept it specially if its a Manufactured Defect. 

Ask them to escalate the ticket and fix the issue

0 Likes
Dominick1
Apprentice
Options

Right this issue happens to me as well after the update. However most Forum says it is a Hardware Issue ( Manufactured Defect )