Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No audio when Fold 3 is open

(Topic created on: 17-11-2022 09:22 AM)
Rafter_123
Apprentice
Options
Hi All,

Issue after issue, my audio doesn't work when I'm using the main screen. Fully open no audio but if I slightly fold the phone just before fully closing the audio works!?? How odd? 

The audio works fine when using the front screen.

Tried the reset/safe mode options no change.

Will this be covered under warranty? I did purchase the phone in Aug last year when it launched.

Do folds come with 2 year warranty? I checked my Samsung care and it expired in Aug 2022.

Not looking forward to getting in touch with Samsung!

Thanks 
68 REPLIES 68
RS122
Journeyman
Options

Go to settings, search for 'separate app sound', turn in on and include your app

0 Likes
RS122
Journeyman
Options

Go to settings, search for 'separate app sound', turn in on and include you app

ravivottery
First Poster
Options

I have got the same issue with Z fold 2, after 2 yrs. It's post warranty. Sound disappears on opening the folding screen fully and reappears when folded back by 90 degrees or fully. Bluetooth earphones work even when fully unfolded. Some crackling sounds appear thru speakers when slowly unfolded. Seems like a loose connection. 

Barrio168
First Poster
Options

Any luck from downgrade firmware, mind has this sound problem too when after update firmware to One Ui 5. 

0 Likes
RS122
Journeyman
Options

Refer to my post above. I resolved the issue by changing the setting

Dominick1
Apprentice
Options

Bad news  guys!!!

Dont buy Samsung!!!

Looks like it is a manufacturing defect. Sadly Samsung will ask you to pay 600 dollars to repair it. Its crazy that a premium phone can't even last more than 2 years. 

As per their tech the issue is tge main flex cable but the only way to repair it is by replacing the Main Screen.

Thebanteng
First Poster
Options

Hey dude...

Thanks a lot. It works flawlesly

I believe this is a software issue

0 Likes
Ben chua
First Poster
Options

Yes! Thanks finally a worthy post! Finally I can watch my movies with my phone unfolded

0 Likes
talked2death
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue. No audio when completely opened. Have to fold the screen about 90 degrees for audio to kick in. I didnt notice any update that did it and there was no physical damage. 2k Phone that I was going to upgrade to the Fold 5 when it comes out but now that Pixel Fold is looking real good samsung

0 Likes
RS122
Journeyman
Options

Did you try the setting that I mention above? Go to settings, search for 'separate app sound', turn it on and include your app