Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving forward in Android

(Topic created on: 12-12-2021 12:38 PM)
johne53
Pathfinder
Options

Sorry, I don't mean technologically - I mean literally moving forward...

Let's say I've a browser open. At the bottom RHS of my screen there's a '<' character which is a handy way to navigate back to the previous page. But if I happen to press it by accident, is there some way to undo the operation? i.e. some quick way to return to the page I accidentally moved away from? I'm guessing there must be a way to do this - but I can't seem to find it 😞

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
HSRUnknown
Explorer
Options
Depending on your browser there will be a forward button, most of the time it will be found on the menu/options button of the browser.
0 Likes
johne53
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks - I just managed to find a forward button in MS Edge but I can't seem to find it in Chrome.

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Within the Chrome browser, can navigate backward as well as forward. The forward button is located under the options menu, while the back button on the Android navigation system help to move backward to visit the previous page
0 Likes
johne53
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks - but whereabouts is the Options menu? I can't even find that... 😞

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
On the Chrome browser
It's the three horizontal dot's top right
0 Likes
johne53
Pathfinder
Options

Ok, I found it. The dots don't seem to appear on all pages - tho' I haven't figured out why yet...

0 Likes
johne53
Pathfinder
Options

A slightly related question... is it possible to copy my desktop icons in Android? For example, my main desktop page contains a Gmail icon. If I wanted Gmail to be available from the other pages too, can I copy it? I know I can move things from one page to another but I haven't found any way to copy them.

[Edit...] Another suggestion... I just realised that at the bottom of my screen there are 4 x icons which appear on every page. Is it possible to add to those icons or even replace one of them? For example, I don't need the camera icon on every page so I'd be happy to replace it with something more useful.

0 Likes
HSRUnknown
Explorer
Options
Yes, just long press an app from the app list and drag it to the home screen you want then do it again to the other home screen panel you want.
And yes you can customise the dock at the bottom of the screen, just long press the icon and press remove to get rid of them and long press and drag from the app drawer in to the dock to add app to it.
0 Likes