Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm DONE with my Flip3

(Topic created on: 22-12-2022 01:18 PM)
Members_LRnSDIk
Student
Options

Hey all

Purchased my Flip3 November 2021, and I have had nothing but issues with this phone..

After a few months of use, the screen protector started to peel off starting from the leftside of the fold. It got so bad I couldnt even see the screen properly in the affected area, so I went to the Experience store and they fixed the issue (but according to them "never seen this issue before" - mind you, when I went to pick up my phone, the guy behind me in line had the exact same issue).

Fast forward a few months: protector started to peel off AGAIN. On top of this, the phone would shut down every single time I would flip it to close... Back to the store.... apparently flipping it caused a short circuit... It took them almost 2 weeks to repair the phone and they bascially strippen everything. New motherboard, New outside case, etc.

On return I noticed they also replaced the screenprotector. Good.

Fast forward to last week: the screenprotector is starting to peel off AGAIN.

Ive had this phone for a meager  13 months and I have had issues with the screen 3 times already.

My phone still falls under warranty,  so right now its just annoying to go back and forth to the store, but the minute it doesnt fall under warranty anymore, I will be on clear trouble, eventho my issues are all based around the fact that the hardware is just not optimized yet.

Im honestly so annoyed and dissapointed. Seeing a ton of Flip4 commercials on the street on a daily basis is really starting to anger me a lot. This phone is not ready to be in stores. 

3 x hardware issues in 13 months is not normal.

---

Sorry for whining like a little baby. I just really wanted to vent for a second.

Ive really had it with my Flip and Im honestly done...

7 REPLIES 7
Tee__
First Poster
Options
Same issue with the screen protector - it is a useless phone!
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
These are well reported issues and they can't be permanently fixed. Count your blessings you've been successful in getting your phone repaired for free and under warranty, most seem to get denied.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
I've had my flip3 for about 14 months now and never had any issues.
If(when) the screen protector does start to lift I will replace it myself.
I've heard a lot of stories about customers being charged £££ when sending their flip3 in for what should be a simple screen protector replacement,only to be told they have damaged it somehow.
So in that regard you have been lucky that they haven't tried to claim you've damaged it.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You certainly haven't had the best of experiences with your Flip³ and I can understand you've lost some confidence in the product.

I have a couple of colleagues at work who have the Flip³ and Flip⁴ and as to date haven't encountered the factory fitted screen protector suffering delamination or the phone cutting out when flipped shut, however I don't mention this in anyway to detract from the very real issues your encountering. 

I'm trying to say many don't sign upto a forum to leave a post to say how happy they are with their Flip phone's that's all. We don't invariably see a balanced overview. 

I own the Fold³ which is working as it should since it's launch date apart from the inner factory fitted screen protector delaminating. 

I've decided to use the phone without one which is my personal preference. 

As your aware Samsung apply a free limited 2 Year Manufacturers Warranty and for a limited period of 6 months from purchase date allow Samsung Care+ to be purchased and added > samsung-care-plus  <

I appreciate your past this stage now if adding SamsungCare+, but you can look if you wish at other good standalone insurance policies. 

Always look at their T&C's and exclusions.

My phone's are covered under my Home Contents Insurance. 

I totally get that your at the end of your patience,  lost confidence in the product and wanting to vent.

We're here on the forum to listen and help and advise if we can. Venting in some cases can certainly help.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Flippin
First Poster
Options
I have exactly the same issue, screen protector peel off and when contact with samsung support, they suggested me to send the phone in and may need to replace the whole screen.
1. I don't have a Samsung center close by
2. I don't expected to buy a phone just to send it into service every time the screen protector peel off

Now after 13 months owning the phone, I have black screen of death issue. Basically I cannot flip the phone. If it stays opened, every thing is fine, if I flip, then I will get black screen and cannot switch on the phone without plugging into power. Samsung Center wants me to send the phone to inspect after factory resetting not solving the issue.

It's almost 1,000 dollars phone, this kind of quality. If I knew that I need to purchase a spare phone to use a Flip phone, better just stick with Apple
0 Likes
Annieh
First Poster
Options
My screen is cracking at fold and make a horrible cracking noise on closing. Hoping I get it sorted by my network provider as its under warranty. Seems like there is a gap at fold and now bits are appearing to get in. Advice to anyone wanting to get one. Don't
0 Likes
Annieh
First Poster
Options
Must add its under 6mths old so god knows state of by time my contract is up
0 Likes