Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I haven't received the one ui 6 update on fold 5 yet

(Topic created on: 06-11-2023 10:33 PM)
Crofty123
Journeyman
Options
Hello there just asking everyone if they having problems with the update also as my fold 5 keeps saying already updated to the latest software and I still not received the one ui 6 update for some reason please help 

18 REPLIES 18
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Fold 5 is currently in beta.

Have you signed up for beta yet? Your device would have to have been bought direct from Samsung and unlocked to qualify.
0 Likes
Crofty123
Journeyman
Options
No can't find it anywhere
0 Likes
Crofty123
Journeyman
Options
Right okay when will EE be available for beta?
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi there

If you bought your device from a network carrier, sadly it won't be eligible for beta and you'll need to wait until the beta testing is complete and the stable version is released.
keith30
Maestro
Options
Yes, it seems to have stalled/slowed down. There are numerous issues with it, I believe
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@keith30 

What issues are those?

This has been the easiest and most complete Beta that I have ever had the pleasure to test. In fact, as Betas go, this one has thrown up very few issues compared to other releases. Now on Beta 5, released today, and I would expect a stable roll out soon. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
It's full Android 14 software update I was talking about, not the rubbish beta version. The roll out as been stalled or some say slowed down to reach further devices.
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@keith30 

What have you found, "rubbish", in the Android 14, One UI 6.0, Beta releases for the Fold5 in your testing?

The Fold releases are specifically for the Fold devices and their dual screens unlike the Beta's for, say, the S23 series which are modified for other slab phones and are now on the stable release for the S23 series.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
You'll need to ask Samsung that.why the Android 14 Ui6 has stopped bring rolled out, only they know the real reasons but I doubt they say anything at first.
0 Likes