Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Z3 Flip Screen broken

(Topic created on: 17-10-2021 03:09 PM)
Edmlvr
Student
Options

Well it seems it's happened to me now too. Woke up this morning and opened my phone to find that the screen is broke right down the fold. I've had this phone for about a month now. Last week I read some reports about this issue and I was worried this was going to happen. Now it has. Such an expensive phone but not durable at all. I've never dropped it. It's protected with a case and screen protector. I feel so let down by this. I'm hoping Samsung will fix it for free as paying my insurance deductible seems ridiculous when this wasn't a user error. Galaxy Z Flip3 5G 

10 REPLIES 10
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's not good @Edmlvr 

Would you let us know how you get on with this ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Edmlvr
Student
Options

I was forced to pay my insurance (through my carrier) deductible after Samsung Care told me that the warranty does not cover "physical" damage. The worst part is the fact that I'm getting a replacement of the same phone that will probably do the same thing in another month. Feels a lot like insurance fraud. Samsung refuses to own up to the defect. 

Jay217
Pioneer
Options
Get a second opinion by taking it to a Samsung repair centre. We have a 60 odd page document that details every recorded type of crack, dead pixel, etc. If it is a manufacturing fault then they will replace the screen under warranty
0 Likes
Przemeq
First Poster
Options

Exactly same issue here. Some stain showed in the middle of the screen and it stopped working. Sent it to service and they told that it's phisical damage. We were forced to use care+. I 'm 100% sure there were no exteral damage. I feel that Samsung released unreliable screen and can' t own it. If it happens again I'll go to court with it. 

David x1990
First Poster
Options

I had same issue today! Phone was 100% fine. Woke up this morning and exact same thing happens to my main screen! It’s definitely a model defect! Sent my phone off to repair/inspection…… 

0 Likes
ND6
First Poster
Options

Its just happened to my phone, have been opening it all morning and then suddenly, heard a noise and black screen, top half of the screen wont work at all. I have also read reviews where phones have been sent back and all are told that it is user fault. I feel that if I send mine back I will be charged and told the same. Not sure what to do now. I have been a loyal Samsung user for years, not only phones but most products in my home.

0 Likes
ND6
First Poster
Options

Hi David, sorry to hear you have had same issue. I would be grateful if you would post how you got on, i.e. replaced, fixed etc at no cost or Samsung advise fault of user. I will delay posting mine as I am concerned I will be charged the $66 (am in Australia) for a technician to look at it and just send it back broken i.e. I will likely not pay for it to be fixed if this will likely happen again. ND

0 Likes
Tc861
First Poster
Options

Same thing has just happened to my wife's phone. Only had it 6 weeks and Samsung are refusing to repair it. Top screen is unusable and pixels along the fold appear burned.

Will be reporting them to Ofcom as its a complete joke. Not fit for purpose and I won't be buying anything from Samsung again.

ND6
First Poster
Options

Received the 'expected' call yesterday from the technician advising that it was a result of physical damage and Samsung will not cover the cost to replace the screen. I explained that this is incorrect and detailed what happend. The technician advised he would escalate and I would here back from Samsung within 3 days. Received a text confirming the technician advised Samsung it was due from physical damage but as a gesture of good will they would repair at the reduced rate of AUD220 and that I need to respond via text if I was happy to pay or just have the phone returned. I text back with 'I would like a phone call rather than someone hide behind a text message', I haven't heard back as yet. 

Whilst paying the $220 is affordable this is admitting guilt that I broke it when this is not the case. I am going to ask for photos of the outside and inside of the phone along with the technicians report and make a complaint with Consumer Affairs here in Australia. Might even try and drum up some other users that have suffered the same issue here on these forums.

I don't see the point in paying to have a phone repaired and the same issue possibly happen again.

I have been a loyal consumer of Samsung and owned several phones, I also have 3 televisions in my home along with a fridge. If this is not resolved at no cost to myself, then they have lost a customer that would likely purchase goods for the next 40 years, health permitting!!

0 Likes