Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Z Fold 2 Stay well clear!!

(Topic created on: 26-09-2022 08:48 PM)
Grolly1974
First Poster
Options

Hey guys. first post. Had Samsung phones for well over 10 years. Was an iPhone user beforehand. :smiling-face: 

So my Z Fold started with a black spot (internal screen) the other day. Now today the screen has turned black right down the fold line and now not usable. I'm paying £89 a month for this phone and still have 5 months remaining on the contract which it the most I'm ever paid for a monthly contract. I was scared about buying a folding phone but couldn't stop myself. I've always had the phone in a protective shell and taken better care of this phone than any other phone I've owned due to the expense and 2 year contract. I'm totally gutted... now chucking £89 a month down the drain. I'm past the 12 months free screen replacement so I'm snookered. 

All I can say is please don't purchase a folding phone if you want it to last the term of your contract. I'm not even telling the wife!! She'll kill me... :smiling-face: Think I'll be heading back to apple and advising everyone I know to stay well clear. 

If anyone has any advice on anything at all I can do other than bin it please respond.  Thanks all.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I've had the Fold³ and it's worked fine @Grolly1974 

I would suggest to go to your network and ask for support as the phone has a 2 year manufacturers warranty.

Or try a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre for support.

I wish you all the best. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Grolly1974
First Poster
Options

Thanks @BandOfBrothers I'll try my service provider. Fingers crossed. However I'll not hold my breath

0 Likes