Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full diagnostic test after a swim

(Topic created on: 28-08-2021 03:22 AM)
g-man5
First Poster
Options
OK so after coming out the bath my 3 year old decided to throw my fold 2 into the bath, the sim tray was not installed and was underwater for 10 mins, weirdly it still works but I just want to see if you can perform a full system check to see if all OK?

Thanks
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You could use the diagnostic tools in the Samsung Members app under GetHelp and Diagnostic once the phone has had plenty of time to dry out @g-man5 

There is also a diagnostic tool via the phone dialer app and keying in *#0*#

Just to reiterate,  Please let the phone have sufficient time to properly dry out by not powering it up. So turn it off now to stop any potential shorting inside.

Leave it in a warm place and you could even use the rice method which can draw moisture out.

There's a good chance the water sensors inside the phone have been tripped thus voiding warranty support however.

There may be some good news however.

From androidheadlines.com/2020/08/galaxy-z-fold-2-not-waterproof-but…… 

The Galaxy Z Fold 2 is not waterproof, but it comes with ‘Anti-Erosion Waterproof Coating 

Unfortunately with water ingress phone's can initially appear to operate OK but then sometime down the line can start to glitch  / fail due to the internal components oxidising from the coating over water they've been subjected to.

samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/can-i-get-my-samsung-galaxy-device-wet. 

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can perform a diagnostic but may charge due to the circumstances of your request.

I hope goes OK with your Samsung Z Fold².

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

DannyT
Options

You'll be able to see if liquid has entered the phone through the liquid indicator just inside the SIM tray. Check out this guide here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001077/

If it shows that liquid has entered the phone, then you'd be looking at a chargeable repair. 

Welcome to the Community!