Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FOLD3 WIFI DEFECT

(Topic created on: 13-05-2023 03:32 PM)
Mary444
Explorer
Options

As losing the ability to connect to WIFI on the FOLD3  is a KNOWN issue/defect by Samsung, any reputable company would have done a recall on this phone to repair or replace at no cost to the owner and with very minimal further inconvenience.  It is highly offensive that when you contact Samsung about this issue, the robot representatives that answer the calls act like they are not aware of this issue and waste your time with a series of tech steps.  If a high level Samsung representative is monitoring this post, you need to reach out to each and every FOLD3 owner immediately to arrange local repair or replacement.  Otherwise, I do foresee a hefty Class Action Lawsuit in Samsung's near future.  The Courts in the USA especially are not at all lenient about a Company's disregard for known product defects and the unwillingness to immediately repair or replace the product.

5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @Mary444 

I appreciate your disappointed with what's happening with your Wi-Fi connection on your Fold³ .

I've owned the Samsung Z Fold³ since it's official launch date in the UK, and so can only comment on my personal experience with my phone.

The Wi-Fi has always been stable.

I'm in no way diminishing what's happening with your phone.

Is this happening with all Wi-Fi connection you make whether it's on Home Broadband or a Coffee Shop etc ?

What if any troubleshooting have you performed on your phone may I ask ?

If you haven't already I would urge you to send feedback to Samsung via your Samsung Members App.

There is a diagnostic tool in your Battery and Device Care Section.

Also a Samsung Service Centre can assess your phone.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Mary444
Explorer
Options

@BandOfBrothers  not really sure of the purpose of your response on my original post.  A Samsung cheerleader?  Thanks, but no thanks.  Rest assured, many troubleshooting attempts have been made.  This is a known DEFECT on this phone.  Any reputable company, whether it be for a car, exercise equipment (watch the news lately?), or a bag of lettuce, will remedy customers for a known defect.  If you have not experienced this issue yet, good for you.  Sure hope you don't jinx yourself.   

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Mary444 

The Samsung Community Forum is an open forum which exists for fellow members to post about many topics which naturally invites a response.

As your first post did not stipulate you did not want a response from fellow members, and the fact that I also own a Samsung Z Fold³ and have not experienced tje same issue on this phone I responded in my personal time to converse with you.

As I mentioned in my initial reply " I'm in no way diminishing what's happening with your phone."

I must say I've never been called a A Samsung cheerleader? "

I'm passionate about all types of technology, Samsung included which is why I joined as a member to help , advise and learn in my own personal private time.

Maybe I'm a Samsung Knight 🤔

My signature appears on all my posts which I firmly believe clearly clarifies my position with Samsung.

Again I appreciate your disappointed and unimpressed and venting about your personal experience with your phone, and as such I wish you all the very best.

Take care and keep well.

😎

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
FACTS
Apprentice
Options
I have had the same issues and from looking on Google for only 2 seconds I find MILLIONS of posts about fold 3 same issue its very well documented by millions of different people with same issue samsung NEED to do something about this I've tried ever fix known to man I've been into samsung shop got teated poorly left with no wifi still thinking about a Google phone next coz samsung are pushing me away
0 Likes
Tynan99
Journeyman
Options

After the latest update on my R46000.00 ($2448.00) Samsung Z fold 3. The Wifi will not turn on no matter what you do even after a factory reset. The update from Samsung in March 2025 has somehow fried the hardware wifi chip. This has happened to many Z fold 3 users around the world as I have seen from my research. There is absolutely nothing you can do to fix this issue unless you send your device in for repairs and the cost of that will probably cost about half the price of the phone. Not only is the wifi no longer switching on or working the devices keeps freezing and restarting from time to time. This it absolutely disgusting from Samsung as there is no recollection from them and they clearly are not willing to do anything about it. It is now your problem to deal with. My device is out of warranty so If I send it in for repairs it will be at my own cost even though the problem is caused by samsung themselves this has not been caused by any user in any way worldwide. I have been a samsung user for over 16 years and I now would rather buy a new device from a different company - definitely not Samsung as they do not care and are not willing to assist any on their customers with this issue that they have caused via their most recent update. I am absolutely disgusted, disappointed, and extremely angry with Samsung. You guys should take full responsibility for this issue as it was caused by you. People are spending extreme amounts of money on these devices just so that samsung can fry your hardware through their updates forcing you to purchase a new device.

I have done countless research on this issue and I can definitely assure you that there is no fix or solution to solve this problem - it's a hardware issue inside the device that will require you to send it in for repairs. Most of the Samsung Z fold 3s are out of warranty as the device was launched in 2022 and they only offer you a 12 month warranty on it. So my theory is samsung knows that most samsung Z fold 3 user's are out of warranty so they have fourced a software update to all these devices to fry the hardware and get users to spend money on new devices. 

I want to start a lawsuit against them and get them to pay for their doing - who is with me?

If you take your device in under warranty I guarantee you they will say it due to the incorrect use of the user. 

0 Likes