Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold 4O Only getting audio and popup notification on first notification for all apps

(Topic created on: 20-10-2022 12:40 AM)
Lehiko
First Poster
Options

Hi guys: I just a fold 4 the week before last and I'm loving it so far. My biggest complaint with the phone so far (besides the battery life) is that whenever I get a notification from an app like Discord, Facebook messenger, or texts, I only get pop out notification and my notification sound from the notification on the first notification. If I don't dismiss the initial notification I don't receive any additional notifications unless I check the notification shade. For example: If someone messages me on discord and I have no discord message notifications sitting in my notification shade, that first message will show a popout notification and play my notification audio. Any additional messages sent to me through discord will only be shown in the notification shade until I dismiss that chain of notifications. Is there anyway to change this? I personally prefer to all have messages from all apps show me an individual popout notification which is how notifications work on iOS. Thanks for the help. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@Lehiko: If you have an app notification in the notification panel, and a second notification comes through for the same app, then look for a drop down arrow to the right of the initial notification to show details of the new notification. If you don't open the app following the receipt of the notification(s), then an app icon badge should also be visible on the app thumbnail to represent how many new notifications you have for that app. 

The Status Bar at the top of the screen is also a great way to keep track of your notifications. If you frequently receive notifications for a number of apps, then please head to Settings > Notifications > Advanced settings > Status bar > Show notification icons > All notifications. With this option enabled, all notifications you receive will be represented by an app icon at the top of the screen. Let me know if this helps. 

Lehiko
First Poster
Options

Is there no way to change the phone to give me a popup alert and audio notification for every single notification then? I would rather get a pop up notification for every single message or individual notification from an app rather than only the first one and the rest being buried in the notification shade. 

0 Likes