Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold 4 not getting any updates

(Topic created on: 28-09-2023 08:25 PM)
rickyyy
Journeyman
Options
I have had a fold 4 for over an year now. Recent with the buzz around One UI 6, I was looking for the option to trial the beta. That's when I noticed that my phone hasn't had an update since January of this year. I don't suppose that this is normal. 

Please advise a tech illustrate person how to update the phone. 

Several points to add:
1. I have gone through Settings>About>Software Update, and there are no updates pending
2. The CSC code is SAOMC OXM EUX EVR
3. The phone is supposed to be unlocked, and is registered with EE in the UK. 

Any help or guidance will be really appreciated. 

Many thanks. 
6 REPLIES 6
Alices____
Pioneer
Options
If your phone is running One UI 5.1.1 and Android 13, I wouldn't worry, I've been getting updates and this is my phones version
0 Likes
rickyyy
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for your reply. My phone is on One Ui 5.1, not 5.1.1.
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@rickyyy 

All U.K. phones since 2021 are carrier unlocked by law.

You can connect to the Samsung PC suite, Smart Switch and check via that to see if there is an update for you.

The latest Fold4 update is the September release, F936BXXS4DWHA, on One UI 5.1.1.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
rickyyy
Journeyman
Options
That's a good call. I have the software installed on a computer, but the only options it provides are to backup or restore the device. I can use it to safeguard the phone data on to the computer now.

There is no option to update the software though. So looking for a resolution.

Thanks for your guidance.
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

A long shot...

1. Turn off phone and remove SIM card

2. Turn phone back on for 5 min's

3. Turn phone off. Replace SIM card and reboot.

4. Some people have reported that it might take a few hours but check for updates.

Unfortunately, I am not allowed to condone downloading and flashing via Odin, the firmware for EE (EVR) linked to in my last post and so you will need to either request a new SIM card from EE to see if that helps or taking your phone to the nearest Samsung service Centre for them to manually update your phone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
rickyyy
Journeyman
Options
That was really helpful. A few minutes of research helped me change the CSC to EVR, which is for EE.

The 5.1.1 update came down almost immediately after restarting.