Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold 3 wifi not turning on

(Topic created on: 08-11-2022 06:15 PM)
Davemcmahon1
Journeyman
Options
I've saw a few posts with people having issues with wifi not turning on. Everything that has been suggested has been tried. Reboot, reset network settings, master reset. Nothing works! Sent the phone to Samsung for repair and they returned it saying no fault found. I'm not silly, there definitely is a fault as it will not turn on at all. And today Bluetooth wouldn't connect even though its turned on. £1600 device and Samsung won't accept there is a problem. Can anyone suggest next steps before I lose all my hair!? 
122 REPLIES 122
Davemcmahon1
Journeyman
Options
Exactly. Common theme with samsung. Accepting no responsibility for the obvious hardware problem clearly experienced by many users.
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Davemcmahon1. Our engineers perform a thorough inspection of every device that is sent in for repair, but there are times when they are simply unable to identify an issue.

I appreciate that it's mystifying, especially as you're unable to connect your Z Fold3 to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

Have you submitted an Error report, so that our developers can take a closer look at this issue?:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-use-the-samsung-members-app/

0 Likes
Davemcmahon1
Journeyman
Options
Really? How can there be 'times when they are simply unable to identify an issue'? My device and going with this feed many other users devices are experiencing this problem. Are we all 'simply' making it up?! Of course an error report has been sent and the replies on them were just as poor.
Fold3suck
First Poster
Options

Simply no response from the last message. No real solutions given by Samsung moderator. Disappointing! I am having the same issue and that has cost a big data roaming bill to me because of not able to turn on the WiFi in overseas. 

Randon Tomo
Student
Options

with mine wifi not working after freezing and reseting this morning, uninstalled smart things, resets ect ect,

only way wifi works is if you keep it folded shut, then reset the phone, now wifi works. if you unfold it for any reason it will become unresponsive within 10 seconds and reset with wifi disabled. 

StephenGoddard
First Poster
Options
I have the same issue. I noticed my phone restart out of the corner of my eye. Since then WiFi won't enable, it tries but then switches off. I've also noticed somewhere that there is no MAC address anymore.

I'm thinking about a repair, but I'm seeing lots of talk about needing new screens? My phone is visually very good with no damage. I was gonna trade in for the 4 as it's about to turn 2 years old but Samsung will only give £200 trade in.
0 Likes
HermawanW
Student
Options

Exactly same issue is happening to me. Service center is not solutive by asking me to pay the whole screen price when I literally have no problem with my screen. The price of repair is almost the same as trade in price, which is not making sense. Now I'm thinking of moving to Apple looking at how bad the after sales of samsung.

Davemcmahon1
Journeyman
Options
I've learned not to have it unfolded but still I have the same continuing issue with it folded. So many people with the same issue and samsung refuse to listen
HermawanW
Student
Options

Have you found the solution? Now mine also behave the same with the phone folded 😞

Davemcmahon1
Journeyman
Options
No I haven't found a solution. Folded or unfolded it happens the same. After a phone restart wifi briefly comes on for no more than 5minutes then back off.
0 Likes