Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold 3 wifi not turning on

(Topic created on: 08-11-2022 06:15 PM)
Davemcmahon1
Journeyman
Options
I've saw a few posts with people having issues with wifi not turning on. Everything that has been suggested has been tried. Reboot, reset network settings, master reset. Nothing works! Sent the phone to Samsung for repair and they returned it saying no fault found. I'm not silly, there definitely is a fault as it will not turn on at all. And today Bluetooth wouldn't connect even though its turned on. £1600 device and Samsung won't accept there is a problem. Can anyone suggest next steps before I lose all my hair!? 
117 REPLIES 117
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Are you in a WiFi area and logged into it??

I have home, car, and work, but I need to be logged into it to enjoy WiFi.
Davemcmahon1
Journeyman
Options
Yes I am. Every other device in the house connects without issue. The WiFi toggle won't even turn on
AFishWithLegs
First Poster
Options
I've seen something similar to this on reddit, and somebody else got to work by uninstalling smart things and then restarting their phone. I dont know how or why this worked for them but you should probably try it.
0 Likes
Davemcmahon1
Journeyman
Options
Yes I saw that too and tried it. And even now i dont have smart things installed. Still same result.
Arkadiusz33
Explorer
Options

I have exactly same situation with samsung, I see no other option than escalate it further, here is link that might help:  https://www.legislation.gov.uk/eudr/1999/44/contents

Davemcmahon1
Journeyman
Options
I've read your posts and I agree with you. They don't care. Obviously an issue with the device. I've been told to drive for an hour and a half to take my device to one of their stores to have someone look at it there. Why? It was already sent to Samsung repair team. Should be fixed or replaced. Or better still refunded but because its past the 14 days since purchase this isn't an option for them!
0 Likes
Razz
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem. My fold 3 will not turn wi fi on. Having to use mobile data.

Members_cZx5uLE
Student
Options

I bought the Fold 3 during pre-sale in 2021. Recently, the phone stopped connecting to the wi-fi. Sent it over to Samsung so they could say the warranty does not cover screen damage and to fix it, it would cost me £600. I've paid around £1,500 for the phone and there is NO problem on the screen. How is this fair?!?!

Phone is spotless and when called to confront them, they simply said "nothing we can do, unless you pay for the restore"

Any thoughts??

Members_cZx5uLE
Student
Options

Having same issue here. When sent to analysis, they are saying my screen is broken and in order to fix the Wi-Fi (which is clearly a hardware issue) they need to fix the screen. But the point is the screen is spotless. This is so disingenuous, that I am honestly thinking to move to Apple.