Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip4 having issues after upgrading to 5.1.1

(Topic created on: 17-12-2023 03:46 PM)
Lily_X
Apprentice
Options

My flip4 keeps dying on me with green screen, glitches in half screen, cannot switch on the phone after phone hangs, etc many many issues after I upgraded to One UI 5.1.1 to the extent that i cannot take train to work or make payment at counters at times. It's causing me so much problems. Please kindly help and advise me on how to solve this. Can I revert back to the older version?

4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@Lily_X: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered these issues with your Galaxy Z Flip4. It isn't possible to revert back to a previous software version following an update, I'm afraid. To troubleshoot your issue, please try heading to Settings > Battery and device care > Maintenance mode > Turn on > Select whether to restart with or without creating a system log > Restart. With Maintenance mode enabled, monitor the performance for a few hours, depending on the frequency of the issues. If you notice an improvement, exit Maintenance mode via the prompt in your swipe down notification panel, and uninstall any apps that you have added since you first encountered the problems. 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Lily_X 

Your phone settings won't allow you to locally revert your software to the previous version. 

You can read up on this via xdadevelopers.com

In regards to your issues can you also try > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop or use a Tv's USB Port to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

A Samsung Service Centre can assess your phone too. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Lily_X
Apprentice
Options

Hi, thanks for the advice. As the issue happens at different timing therefore even when I switch to Maintenance mode, it may not happen during that time frame. I will observe further and if things get worse or more frequent, I will go with ur suggestion

0 Likes
Lily_X
Apprentice
Options

Hi, thanks for the advice. I was passing by a service central  when the issue happens but funny thing is when I step into the store, my phone got restored or turn on automatically. It sucks and I was really pissed off

0 Likes