Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip 3 Hinge Issue

(Topic created on: 06-11-2022 02:55 PM)
rafter_01
Apprentice
Options

Hi All,

So i purchased both the Flip 3 and Fold 3 on launch costing me over 2.5k.

The flip 3 is used by missus and is always in a phone case and now has a hinge issue (14-15 months after).

So randomly out of nowhere, now when she closes the phone it shuts down completely.

I had this reported to Samsung and as usual they are refusing to cover it under warranty because of the "small dents" on the screen (nothing to do with the problem and screen is fine) and there is allegedly some impact damage on the hinge. WTF, never ever dropped the phone.

I recorded a video of the phone before sending it out and there is no damage to the hinge but they are clinging on to the dents on the screen. 

Absolutely useless company and shocking customer service.

Is there anything that can be done? I am fuming at the moment, paying so much money for the phone and now left with a bill of £309.

This is the last time i purchase a samsung phone. 

Thanks

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
rafter_01
Apprentice
Options

I was with Huawei for years and no issues. 

Last year I decided to get a phone for myself and the missus and opted for the flip and fold.

Didn't envision that i would be having issues with the flip after a year and handed a £309 repair bill for it after spending a fortune for them. Never dropped at all

0 Likes
jonathaneuk
Navigator
Options
Yeah. Unfortunate that the flip and fold 3s had issues which have been rectified in the 4 series now.
0 Likes
rafter_01
Apprentice
Options

You would think that all issues would have ironed out by version 3!?

0 Likes
jonathaneuk
Navigator
Options
Funny enough fold 2 didn't have as many issues. So since they changed the screen design slightly and messed with the hinges it's made it worse
0 Likes
rafter_01
Apprentice
Options

No more Samsung devices in future for me unfortunately.  

0 Likes
jonathaneuk
Navigator
Options
Shame. Well I wish you the best in your new mobile adventure 🙂
shaunginge
Student
Options
Hi inhave a samsung z flip 3 I have a tiny green dot as in like a dead pixel what's the best thing for me to to do do I think I have samsung care it's onlyb6 months old
0 Likes
Rafter_123
Apprentice
Options
You'll be covered but samsung have a history of swerving the responsibility and blaming the user.
0 Likes
rafter_01
Apprentice
Options

So as predicted Samsung are unwilling to fix my phone under warranty. 

I would advise anyone thinking of purchasing of flip or fold phone to think a millions time before. Customer service is really shocking and in the past I only heard it but now experienced it. 

0 Likes
Members_wLo1OWJ
Student
Options

Hi fellow discruntled Samsung flop phone owners,

I have just experienced a very similar situation with Samsung 'Sulutions' Team.

My Z3 Flip phone was sent to TMT First Limited, who inspected my phone. Amazingly they diagnosed that the reason that the phone was cracked accross the middle and the top section of the screen totally unresponsive was that i stabbed the phone myself.

I made a complaint and sent in 4 imaged showing that the screen had bubbled accoss the centre and had a massive Black patch accross the hinge. However, this evidence did not sway their decision and they are going to return the phone....as i was not about to pay £309 to fix a phone that has 6 months warranty to run.

Basically, i feel that i am being called a liar for maintaining that in no circumstances was the phone subject to impact damage. I am not a phone expert, but i am an engineer with a logical brain. Therefore, how can a pin point area of impact totally wipe out the top half of the phone? It is much more likely that all of the connections to the top half of the phone have been severed from repeated opening and closing of the phone. Maybe the testing of these phones is not rigorous enough as there is no way that they are lasting 2 years without this issue being very likely to occur.

Again, i agree with you that this is a prime example of shocking customer service and my confidence in Samsung is at an all time low.

I will not be buying any more of their products (TV's x 4,FridgeFreezer,GalaxyTab,S20+,EarPods etc.) if this is the way they treat loyal customers.

Samsung UK need to get a grip and realise there are so many alternatives out there and reviews dont lie.

You cant fool the public and get away with it.

0 Likes