Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware Update

(Topic created on: 14-11-2023 01:09 PM)
Dennycrane
Pathfinder
Options
Just received a firmware update for the Z Fold 5, but it is only the November security patch and One UI 6.0 is not included. Does this mean that there won't be any other updates this month or will Android 14 be released in the coming weeks/months. I know Android 14 has been put on pause in America by Samsung, probably because of carrier issues I suspect, but that's all I know, so it's over to you Samsung and please don't go all radio silence mode on us. Were all impatient and very nosy so please get us the information. 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The updates are sent out in waves dependant on region, phone model and serial and build number @Dennycrane 

As one ui 6.0 is complete I'd expect you to receive it soon when it's ready for your model of phone. 

You could check also by Samsung Smartswitch. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-update-latest-software-for-your-galaxy-mobi... 

To be honest in regards to Android 14 I would only want this on my phone once any bugs etc had been ironed out which is why I waited a little while when it became available for my particular model of Samsung phone. 

I'm sure it'll be pushed to yours soon. 

Stability is Paramount for me. 

Security patches are of more importance in my view. 

Sammobile.com is a good source of software update availability information. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Dennycrane
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks for the information @ BandOfBrothers. The link you provided is the standard instructions on how to check if an update is available. That is how I always check for updates. I saw an answer on Samsung Members about the release of the official stable Samsung Android 14 firmware version roadmap, but now I can't find it, that listing said that the stable final One UI 6.0 for Z Fold 5 in Europe would be released on Nov 13th so when I checked (using the method you kindly supplied) that is when the November security patch I talked about was discovered, and that's why I posted my question about the stable update for Android 14 not being included with this patch and if any other information was available about dates for updates 👍
0 Likes
Dennycrane
Pathfinder
Options
I just posted my reply to you and I was reading the news when an article about the updates magically appeared without me searching for it. Darn spooky if you ask me anywho here's the link https://www.sammyfans.com/2023/11/13/samsung-one-ui-6-0-release-date-revealed-for-all-galaxy-devices...
Mynicknameis
Explorer
Options
Note that the list is for those with European Samsung devices. As I take it your American based, then your release schedule could be a completely different day or month.

Note in your linked post, it does say that, but they mislead you by assuming that the European release dates are, in fact, for worldwide releases:
"While the timeline came from the European community, availability may vary by region and carrier."

It is clearer in this post here:
https://www.sammobile.com/news/samsung-one-ui-6-0-release-date-timeline-announced-compatible-devices...

Also note, that the list most likely will be for phones that are unlocked and not branded and are brought through a mobile carriers contract for example.

For those branded devices, you'll probably have to wait a bit longer for the company to do their own checks and maybe add their own extras, etc, before they release it onto their own network phones.
0 Likes
Mynicknameis
Explorer
Options
Also, note that T-Mobile have just recently started rolling out Andriod 14 on S23 devices in the USA.
https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-s23-android-14-one-ui-6-0-stable-update-usa/

So, you could expect the release for the likes of Z Fold 5 and older phones like S22 etc to be coming in either late November or early December.

Just be patient and wait, as mentioned already, better to wait and have a more reliable and stable release, than a rushed out buggy version.
0 Likes
Dennycrane
Pathfinder
Options
No I'm not an American (I've never been so insulted 😁), I would neither thank you for it, take the IQ reduction or take the pay cut. No I come from that annoying northern territory of the British Isles referred to as Scotland. Down with Brexit I'm still a European hehe (from saltire to satire) so with a bit of luck it should be soon but... Oh and my phone is not linked or locked to a particular carrier, I purchased it directly from Samsung UK. But thanks for replying @Mynicknameis and in 41 days have a merry Christmas.
Neilou
First Poster
Options
I'm in the UK and got the security update for November 2023. I presume to get the One UI 6 update late December or early January.
0 Likes
Dennycrane
Pathfinder
Options
I agree else why wouldn't Samsung just wait a couple more days/weeks and then push the One UI 6.0 with the November patch. Unless of course the security patch is to vaccinate our devices against a bunch of super flaws intent on causing us all misery and hack-ache?
0 Likes