Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device not charging while flipped after latest software update

(Topic created on: 03-01-2023 09:29 PM)
HaresMahmood
Apprentice
Options
After updating my Z Flip 4 to version F721BXXU1BVL9 / F721BOXM1BVL9 / F721BXXU1BVL9, the device doesn't charge (neither wired not wireless) while flipped close. 

When the device powered on and is plugged in before being unfolded, the battery indicator in the top right flashes on and off. A temperature warning also occasionally occurs when plugging in the device right after flipping it open.

The only way to get it to charge is by powering off the device, after which it can be charged wirelessly (albeit extremely slowly). The device does charge when not flipped. I found a Reddit post mentioning a very similar issue, but the OP mentioned he sent it back to Samsung and got the LCD replaced. I'm however assuming it's related to the latest software update, because the issue occurred the night after I installed it. 

9 REPLIES 9
JazzD
First Poster
Options

Oh thank god, I thought i was the only one. This is the second time an update of theirs has bricked or messed up some of mine. Their first update rendered my perfectly fine watch USELESS and now the latest one has made it a struggle to simply charge it. I really love my Z flip, but this update has caused me nothing but endless headaches. 

HaresMahmood
Apprentice
Options
Can I ask if you're facing the exact same issued as me, or if there's anything different about your situation? I managed to get my device repaired after a whole ordeal with Samsung UK.
0 Likes
Sagarpj9
First Poster
Options

It's exactly same thing happening to me in USA since April 2023

CAELA D
First Poster
Options

Same thing happening to me now at the moment. Did samsung help you out??

0 Likes
Prati88
First Poster
Options
A new update is available on samsung flip which will resolve this issue. I updated my phone's software and it is now getting charged while flipped. Hopefully it'll help.
Matt S
First Poster
Options

I received that software download two weeks ago and now I have the issue, whereas I didn't before. Will there be another patch soon?

0 Likes
HaresMahmood
Apprentice
Options
I got my device repaired, thankfully under warranty. I was told the issue had something to do with the device's hinge.
0 Likes
HaresMahmood
Apprentice
Options
It may be worthwhile sending out for a repair with Samsung, because none of the patches that came out after the sofware update I mentioned fixed the issue for me.
0 Likes
Members_jK64ST3
First Poster
Options

ive been having the same problem for atlest 4 days and i thought it was my charger or something but then i realized its only when the phone folds...i checked on softwear updates and i see nothing i am apparently "up to date" so i have no update for my device to be fixed im taking it in to the samsung headquarters in my country to fix it and i hope insurence covers it up. does anyone know anything i can do to save a trip to the repare shop?

0 Likes