Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defective screen. Told I have to pay for repair

(Topic created on: 01-02-2022 12:38 PM)
Wimple1983
Journeyman
Options

I spoke with Samsung today regarding the damage that has appeared on my handset in the folding section of my Z Flip 3

I have been advised by an online advisor that even though i've only had my handset for 4 months, that the damage to my screen is my fault and i'll have to pay for the repair. I explained that according to the warranty, defective materials are covered - which this so very clearly is. Only to be told that Samsung will arrange repair at a cost to me. 

I don't want this phone anymore. I can see that this is only going to get worse. The service from Samsung is utterly despicable. If I don't receive an alternative I will be going to trading standards

This could be what sends me to iPhone. Utterly disgusted with this response from Samsung

cracks.jpegCapture.JPG

Capture.JPG

16 REPLIES 16
StephK1
Options

Hey @nicoleta83! Is there any chance that you could please re-post this comment translated to English? You're currently on the UK Community, and it will make it a lot easier for our users to provide their support. 🙂

0 Likes
Readey
Apprentice
Options
I've had similar a similar issue. Samsung have been diabolical. Nobody wanting to take ownership, 7 hours on the phone, mainly waiting, obvs, 2-3 hours online chats. Got nowhere. £800 down the pan. It's all very well looking sexy, but if you can't function....
Readey
Apprentice
Options
DPD arrived 3 days ahead of schedule. Never rearranged collection of defective phone.
0 Likes
Wimple1983
Journeyman
Options
Did they not resolve for you either then? In their email this is what they said: Please also note that your formal complaint has been logged and all of our complaints are dealt with internally so will not be able to release the findings from this.
0 Likes
Readey
Apprentice
Options
What really annoys me is that this is the first time I've purchased a non-contracted phone online. Never again! I spoke with one helpful person out of about 25. Quite the worst experience.
Wimple1983
Journeyman
Options
Same! I've always purchased via my provider. Never again will I buy Samsung after this
0 Likes
Flip 4 crease defect
First Poster
Options

Screen is garbage. Creased and cracked in less than 6 months. No recourse. Flip 4 is in the trash now

0 Likes