Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser (reformatting text)

(Topic created on: 14-06-2022 03:58 PM)
johne53
Pathfinder
Options

Before buying my Galaxy Z Flip-3 I'd an old HTC phone, using an earlier version of Android. It had a much smaller screen - so when using the browser, my text was sometimes too small to read and i'd need to zoom in a bit with my forefinger and thumb.

To an extent, that's still the case with certain web sites - but on the old HTC, whenever I zoomed in, the web page would not only resize, it'd also reformat itself such that text "wrapped around" and all the text was still easily visible.

That doesn't seem to happen with the Flip-3. Zooming in does make the text bigger but as a downside, it also makes it go off the RH edge of the screen - so all the text can't be seen any more without me needing to scroll both horizontally and vertically. I've tried this in various browsers and they all seem to be the same.

Is there a setting somewhere so I could get the old reformatting option to work again?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@johne53: Are you using the Samsung Internet browser? If so, please can you try tapping the 3 lines in the bottom right, tapping on Zoom and moving the slider to the right, then hitting 'OK'. Alternatively, try tapping the 3 lines in the bottom right > Settings > Webpage view and scrolling > Pinch to zoom in/out of webpages, and toggle this option on. Now, when you're on a website, try placing 2 fingers on the screen and spreading them apart to zoom in, to see if this is a bit better for you. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
johne53
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks @AndrewL - the "Pinch to Zoom" option was already enabled so I tried your suggestion re: the 3 lines. Moving the Zoom slider does adjust the text size and it also re-formats the text. But zooming via my fingers only adjusts the size (no re-formatting takes place). It's quite frustrating because those 3 lines don't always appear for all web pages ☹️

0 Likes