Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Issues Since Last Update

(Topic created on: 03-08-2023 09:12 AM)
mikepf
Journeyman
Options
Hi all,
I'm experiencing Bluetooth issues since the last monthly update. My JBL Go 3 no longer plays any audio (causes media playback to stutter on device), and my cheap X15 Open Ear Bone Conduction Headphones no longer work either (although no stuttering).

Both of these devices worked fine before the update.

My Sony WH-XB900Ns still work as normal.

Anyone else having issues?

Edit: just wanted to add that I've tried several reboots of the phone, deleted the Bluetooth connection data, soft and hard reset the JBL Go 3. Nothing has worked.

When the JBL Go 3 and the X15 headphones are connected the Bluetooth media controls on the devices still communicate with the phone, adjusting volume slider, play, pause, etc. But still no sound.

This issue only began after the last fold 4 monthly update.
22 REPLIES 22
r3gis85
First Poster
Options
I have this same problem with Samsung galaxy buds live and Jabra 65T Bluetooth headphones
KholaI
Options

Hey @mikepf and @r3gis85 

Could you try the following troubleshooting steps to see if this help:

Hold the Power and Volume Down buttons for around 10 seconds. This will reboot your phone without deleting any personal data. This step tends to fix minor bugs.

If the issue still persists, head into Settings > Apps > 3 lines next to 'Your apps' > Show system apps > OK > Search for Bluetooth > Storage > Clear data. This will remove all previous connections, and so you would need to pair your devices again.

0 Likes
mikepf
Journeyman
Options
Thank you for your reply. I've updated my post with a little more info regarding the troubleshooting I've been through. Nothing has worked.
0 Likes
KholaI
Options

It could be an issue with the software compatibility between the phone and the paired devices. Have you tried reaching out to JBL customer support, to see if they have a software update on the way? 

0 Likes
mikepf
Journeyman
Options
The speaker still works fine with all other phones I've tested it on (iPhones, and Pixel), and on all PCs and Macs I use at work and home.

The JBL speaker and my X15 Bone Conduction Headphones worked fine with my Fold 4 until the last software update. So, this is almost certainly a Samsung issue.

I have reported this via the Contact option in the Bluetooth settings menu.
0 Likes
mikepf
Journeyman
Options
Ah, sorry to hear that. Did it start after the last update? Or has the issue been around longer?
0 Likes
mikepf
Journeyman
Options
I've just had a look at it appears that the JBL Go 3 cannot be updated. So, nothing has changed on my device since it was purchased. Same for the headphones
0 Likes
SnowboardSteve
Apprentice
Options
I've had the same issue with my Aeropex Aftershokz since last update, can play music/video etc fine through speaker but connect to headphones and get a small click but no sound... Can operate the volume but no volume to operate. Headphones work fine on watch and Pixel. It goes hand in hand with last update and the same @mikepf writes up
SnowboardSteve
Apprentice
Options
There is definitely an issue and I've spoken to others that have informed me they experienced the issue too since last update along with WiFi playback issues and poor battery life.... All after the last update.
0 Likes