Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold5 has arrived (updated)

(Topic created on: 04-08-2023 09:52 AM)
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

The Eagle has landed!

My pre-ordered black international Fold5, F946B, has been delivered here, in the sunny Cotswolds of the U.K. by DPD.

Let the fun begin!

(Can't fault Samsung and DPD for their prompt delivery at the date and time promised. Worth every penny of the £5 I slipped the chairman of Samsung 😉)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
29 REPLIES 29
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Nice
0 Likes
BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
I envy you
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Nice one. It will be interesting to read your reviews you put out on it 👍🏻
sk36
Explorer
Options

Received mine as well on time ! can't wait to get started 

pepsikennedy
Troubleshooter
Options
Nice one 👍
0 Likes
mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options
Mine to, just setting it up but seems a lot faster than the fold 4 and the screen is so much brighter
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

First impressions

The SIM card tray is a bloomer to load with 2 SIM cards. Very fiddly to get them to sit correctly.

The hinge on the Fold5 is a big improvement on the Fold4. Very smooth opening and closing with a positive feel to it.

Side-by-side it is very difficult to tell the Fold4, (on the left), from the Fold5. The only difference is the gap when closed on the Fold4 and the positioning of the flash next to the top camera on the Fold5.

FOLD4 FOLD5 20230804_101237.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I found that the difference in weight on paper is very tiny. But I could feel it. Think the Fold 5 is better balanced in hand I feel
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
How exciting. I always like to read about preorder delivery day... even when I have nothing coming myself 😃👍

However I won't feel too hard done by... I did receive an s23U, watch 5 Pro and galaxy buds 2 Pro a couple months ago !

Enjoy your new device. Would be happy to hear about it in due course. I haven't a foldable yet... maybe next time around.

Kind regards
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite