Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Recordings/ Voice notes not working everywhere

(Topic created on: 30-05-2023 05:52 PM)
Snyari
Journeyman
Options

Hi so about a week ago I noticed my voice notes on WhatsApp weren't recording audio and instead just plain silence, I tried this on ig and also on the voice recorder app and its the same, no audio gets picked up.  However, videos pick up the audio fine. I have tried cleaning my phone, taking the case off, restarting the phone and everything updated, no Bluetooth devices are connected. I have a Flip Z 3 5g 

Please help !

50 REPLIES 50
keith30
Maestro
Options
Make sure you have not have voice recording on mute when using WhatsApp, IG and any other app and make sure who you are sending them to as well and they have it enabled and switched on. You could easily hit the mute button when switching around in the app. When I was first started using WhatsApp my voice recording wasn't switched on in the settings, my partner told me to enable it.
Snyari
Journeyman
Options

I'm not sure what you mean,  my apps have permission to my microphone and there aren't any app settings for voice notes specifically? I've been through and turned anything that could help on

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Snyari: If you head to the Samsung Members app > Press and hold on the app icon > Diagnostics > Mic, and follow the on screen instructions, are you able to hear yourself during the playback for each of the microphones? If so, you may wish to try closing any background apps via the Recents button in your navigation bar (3 vertical lines), before you try to record a voice note via the affected applications. It may be the case that an application is already using the microphone, and this may create a conflict when you attempt to record your notes. Let me know how you get on. 

VJ12345
First Poster
Options

Hey, did you ever solve this issue? Exact same problem, on my SamsungA53

0 Likes
RLelio
Explorer
Options

I have the same problem on my new a54 5g since the latest update A54BXXU5BWK4. Did you solve?

0 Likes
RLelio
Explorer
Options

I double checked and the microphones are ok!

0 Likes
Snyari
Journeyman
Options

Hi,  I've had no luck,  Samsung said to send it for repair as I had no luck troubleshooting.  Phone audio works fine it seems to be just audio messages

0 Likes
Snyari
Journeyman
Options

oh great 👍🏼 

0 Likes
Snyari
Journeyman
Options

Hi,  I've had no luck,  Samsung said to send it for repair as I had no luck troubleshooting.  Phone audio works fine it seems to be just audio messages but no luck

0 Likes