Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else feel like we've been short changed?

(Topic created on: 25-09-2021 07:04 AM)
angrybarry
Pioneer
Options

I hate to post this as I do really love my z flip 3 but I can't help feel like those of us who rushed to pre-order have been short changed

* Wrong software version so no Samsung pay working for days after launch
* Still no software update so sitting on July security update
* No compelling pre-order bonus. The Samsung care is good but to miss out on a free watch is a massive kick in the teeth

I feel like Samsung could have some major goodwill here and at least roll out the watch to anyone who got the flip during pre-order. Although doubt that will ever happen 
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @angrybarry 

I do feel for those that indeed pre ordered the Flip3 who recieved the Samsung Care+ free for 1 year which to be fair is a good offer from Samsung to then see the free Watch 4 promotion hit with specific eligibility dates. 

My personal opinion is that anyone who then was still in their 28 day cooling off period who contacted Samsung Online Shop Team to Express they were willing to return the Flip3 to refund it and then place a new order for a Flip3 plus free watch but no free Samsung Care + should be then offered the watch as that would stop Samsung then being sent back a potentially used Flip3.

The offer would mean you'd get the Watch 4 but lose the Samsung Care +.

You can't have your cake and eat it  🤔

Personally I purchased the Fold 3 but didn't pre order.

I declined the trade in options but I did recieve a free Samsung Starter Kit worth £80 and I ordered the Aramid Case which was given at half price and then when I placed my order Samsung sent me a money off voucher for the Samsung Watch 4 which equivulated to around £35 off the cost of the watch.

In regards to software and security updates.

I've said this on previous posts on the Samsung Community Forum. 

As the Fold3 and Flip3 are on the most up to date software updates and Samsung One Ui updates I think the next software update sent out will then include the next new security Patch.

Admittedly Samsung could send out the security Patch on it's own but that's not something I've seen Samsung done in the past few years.

Here's hoping it'll come soon.

My preference is to use Google Pay as I prefer the dynamics kf this over Samsung Pay however I 100% agree that someone dropped the ball on this, as this Samsung feature should have worked out of the box !

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Sandy_mm
Explorer
Options
Hey. That's a good idea to call in Samsung online Shop and ask them about getting Watch 4.
If we are in 28 day cooling period that would allow us to return and place a new order which then will enable us to claim for Watch 4. But yes, we will lose Samsung Care+ which is also a decent Pre-order offer.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Just to add today I recieved an update on my Fold 3 including the September patch.

Screenshot_20210928-180204_Software update(1).jpgScreenshot_20210928-180219_Samsung Internet(1).jpg

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
gizmo85uk
Student
Options
I agree. Not only is it stuck ok the July update, but our 'reward' for being the first to but it is to miss out on the offer of a free watch 4. Very disappointed in Samsung,!
angrybarry
Pioneer
Options
Still stuck on July on the flip! Hopefully not much longer
0 Likes