Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abysmal customer service

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Members_AipGrl3
Apprentice
Options

Had my flip 4 for a year and it randomly started switching off when closed, then wouldn't switch back on until plugged in to charge (even with 100% charge) sent to Samsung for repair.  

They are claiming I dropped the phone as there is a dent (was not there when phone returned to them have photo to prove it) and a hole on the hinge, again wasn't there before they got it.  The are now wanting £319 and the dent and hole void the warranty, even though the original problem of the phone switching off randomly appears to be quite common.  I have been fobbed off and accused of lying.  

I have only ever used Samsung for at least 20 years and never had to contact them about a problem till now.  

Does anyone know who the ombudsman is or have email address as I have seriously had enough of calling the support department. 

Tia 

Julia

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there and welcome to the Samsung UK Community Forum

Sorry to hear of your issues. The eternal issue of Samsung Customer Service strikes again (it is legendary for being poor).

There is also a well documented series of threads on here relating specifically to foldable devices with Samsung using even the slightest scratch to invalidate warranty. It has put me off buying one I can tell you.

If you have photos to prove condition when sent in, I would challenge them.

There is no Ombudsman so your choices are:

1. Battle it out
2. If you paid by CREDIT CARD, Section 75 claim via your bank
3. Small Claims Court
S24 Ultra
Members_AipGrl3
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for reply. I did send the photos in only to be told by a pencil pusher that they were taken at the wrong angle and as such they cannot say the ding wasn't there.  Seriously not happy with them.