Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My recent navigation button is not working after the major OS update to One UI 2 with Android 10

(Topic created on: 29-09-2020 12:03 AM)
ilasmarlon
First Poster
Options

Has anyone experience the same? I've also tried changing the button order in the Navigation bar Setting, and even trying the Full screen gestures but no luck. BTW, the Full screen gesture navigation doesn't work at all - recent, back, or even home function. I don't want to do a hard reset on my phone due to my settings and data. I tried restarting the phone and no luck on that too.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @ilasmarlon 

If was my phone I'd try....

Put the phone in Safe Mode which disables any downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working and then see what happens. If the issue stops then one or more of your apps are causing conflict.

If it still does not work then turn the phone off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phones system files and clear the cache. No info is lost this way. 

If still no joy then I appreciate your hesitant to not perform a factory reset but as backs ups are very good nowadays performing a Factory reset is pretty straightforward nowadays with little or no info being lost.

A final option is to use a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

ProStar
Student
Options

Similar issue,

When I change to the Full Screen Gestures option. The lower right and lower left both create a minimize action.

i.e. When inside an app and I want to go back, I should be able to slide lower right upward...

This doesn't work. It simply minimizes the app. Same for the lower left.

0 Likes
ProStar
Student
Options

I have the Galaxy S9 plus but most are pretty much the same fyi
OK this website won't let me edit my reply. But I've figured it out!! Here's how...

Pull down the top

Hit the GEAR

Tap on DISPLAY

"Choose Dark mode to be a Boss"

Choose Navigation bar

Choose Full Screen Gestures

Choose MORE OPTIONS

Choose the top option of Swipe from bottom

Now slide upward on lower right of screen to go back.

Wallah!

Cheers

0 Likes