Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 FE 5G - After update overheating - Restarting and Wifi is damaged

(Topic created on: a month ago)
Members_hpuYI3v
Student
Options

until this update my phone was working fine. (one UI 6.1 Android 14 ec. Patch Level July 1 2024) 

I have now damaged phone because of software issues.  wifi is disabled and not working.  I bought phone in Poland and i was out of Europe at that moment and should give my phone to the service in Turkey. 

They told me that they were checking my phone and it seems my issue related with motherboard but they have no this part so they will not able to change.

however i decide to buy new phone (because it is out of  warranty but please can someone from Samsung explain how can i trust Samsung anymore to buy new Samsung phone especially your updates are damaging our Phones?

10 REPLIES 10
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, and welcome to the UK community

Whilst I fully understand your concerns, software updates do not damage phones. What's probably happened is either a coincidence or something inherently wrong with your device, such as a previous non authorised repair, flashed ROM, or some other action not recommended by Samsung.

It's possible the initial overheating was caused by a rogue app, which could of been resolved by some troubleshooting methods. The diagnosis by the Turkish shop, is that an authorised Samsung shop?
0 Likes
Members_hpuYI3v
Student
Options

Dear Robin, 

first of all, phone newer has been on the service before this overheating issue. There is no any application can cause overheating issue because there is no installation of new application. 

It started right after the update. It was not authorized shop i think, but it is not the case because phone was already damaged when i visit that shop  and they did not touch anything just they told that it is most likely power related etc. 

i made soft reset before Wi-Fi damage;  also cleaning  the cache did not help.  at least i did factory reset as recommended and Wi-Fi damaged because overheating issue was still persist.  

btw it is still overheating after Wi-fi damage.

it is not heating when i charge phone. but when i start to use does not matter which application it is overheating. (Instagram- WhatsApp - Facebook - Google - Samsung members - Even Settings phone it self)  

0 Likes
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It still could have been a 3rd party app that was already present on the phone and wasn't optimised for the update you mentioned. A full factory reset or Safe mode would have helped there. If you still want to keep the S20, then consider a second opinion from a trusted authorised Samsung repair centre. If not, then enjoy your new phone.

SassanEC
Journeyman
Options
What a stupid comment. Software updates brick devices / render them unusable all the time. Look at the crowdstrike fiasco.
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Do you think the software update broke the motherboard?.
0 Likes
Options

The last 6.1 update bricked hundreds, possibly thousands of phone screens.

SassanEC
Journeyman
Options
Yes I know, mine is one of them. It was the other poster who said software can't damage hardware
0 Likes
Adarshpanditr
Apprentice
Options

Y would everyone have the same issue don't try to defend Samsung for it's flaws accept it and keep ur brand reputation up...rather than false claims

0 Likes
Obzdn
First Poster
Options

Samsung almost bricked my S21 Fe 5G (Exynos 2100) too. Note 7 style.

Two days ago that thing got so hot that the backplate glue melted and the plate got separated from the phone.

This device was immaculate. Never been at a repair shop. Nothing was running. Screen was locked. No case. Wasn't charging. Jus had the phone in my hand.

One update after the other this device keeps getting worse. I will never buy Fe or Exynos again.

0 Likes