Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG S21 PLUS LCD PROBLEMS

(Topic created on: 05-08-2021 06:58 PM)
marknorth71
Journeyman
Options
Hi,I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with their lcd just suddenly stop working and screen  turn purple then flash green?First of all I'm a wheelchair user don't go out much and mostly use my phone for watching twitch.I watch loads on my phone and was wondering if an lcd can get damaged by overheating or any other way apart from dropping.As I said watching Twitch phone on stand on wheelchair.......lcd goes....send it to samsung they tell me lcd is broken....user abuse...£219 please....phone s only 7 months old and still under warranty and has never been dropped kept in damage proof case with screen protector anyone any ideas or had the same issue?
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Firstly is an OLED screen so its a different technology to LCD have you ever had the screen on static images for a large number of hours?? If you haven't then I would escalate the case to the complaints department and plaster it on social media if you have it. If you have left it on static images for hours then you may have damaged the screens as OLED can get burn in. I have a separate lcd phone to use as navigation in the car for this reason
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
The mostly likely case is its a faulty unit
weeklyhotels
First Poster
Options

Hi Marknorth71,

i have read your whole problem about your Samsung LCD. I am facing the same issue for my  Samsung mobile actually i want to see the extended stay hotels near me but as my LCD display is disappear what should i have to do? if you have found any solution please give me your time. Many thanks

0 Likes
marknorth71
Journeyman
Options
No but I've watched hours and hours of TV could this cause a problem?I had been watching TV for about 5 minutes when purple lines appeared all over screen then it started green screen occasionally it wasn't hot or anything??
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
In that case it's just a duff panel. Watching content for hours shouldn't cause any harm. You won't overheat the screen because if the phone got too hot it would either throttle itself or turn off
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
No like antikythera said its a knackered panel using the screen for hours is fine so long as the image changes, so for example a game or navigation would be bad because alot of the screen remains static but with TV its always moving. So defiantly go for the complaints department
marknorth71
Journeyman
Options
I've been onto complaints so far not budging engineer said it had a cracked led????is this the screen he's talking about because it definitely didn't???it was inside???caused by customer.....do they run a diagnostic test or just follow what customer has reported?
0 Likes
marknorth71
Journeyman
Options
I'm gonna rephrase what happened with my phone just incase thus makes a difference......watching TV.....purple vertical lines started running through picture i could still see TV running in background....soft reset...back to homescreen with same fault could see apps but couldn't access any...another soft reset...phone vibrates black screen occasionally flash of green screen and purple vertical lines......does this sound like a fault anyone has seen before?
0 Likes
marknorth71
Journeyman
Options
Will do
0 Likes