Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE/4G Calling not showing in settings

(Topic created on: 06-02-2024 01:44 PM)
salva92
Apprentice
Options

Got my S24U 2 weeks ago. Whenever I'm on call or somebody is calling me, I can't use my data plan.

I also checked in Settings→ Connections→ Mobile Networks and it doesn't show the "Voice Over LTE" Option, despite on my Z Fold 4 there was.

I checked with VOXI UK and they were useless, because they said to use WhatsApp Calls or the second SIM. I asked to Samsung Support Centre and they said to check with my Mobile operator, because it might be th case that they haven't activated the service for this new phones line-up.

Has anybody else had this issue? Did you manage to fix it?

15 REPLIES 15
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As long as voxi allow this on your account then it should work ,but Voxi would need to provision your account for this to happen. 

The phone will only follow the parameters set by your sim card @salva92 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

JordanS
Options

A trick that helps with making network features appear, such as Wi-Fi Calling and VoLTE, is to switch off your phone > Remove your SIM and give it a wipe > Power your phone back on > Unlock the screen and allow to load up > Reinsert your SIM card at this stage > Give it 5 minutes and check the setting again. 

salva92
Apprentice
Options

I tried it, but unfortunately it didn't work

0 Likes
saultea
Student
Options
I have this issue with three. What is annoying is I traded in my s23ultra and did not have this issue.

The option isn't available at all
0 Likes
Jose Gonzalez
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have the same problem. Up today I haven't received a solution for the VoLTE problem. 

0 Likes
coopsphil
First Poster
Options
I'm having exactly the same issue with my Vodafone sim. If I put the sim card in my old phone NOTE 9 the LoLTE menu comes up but not on my S24 ULTRA, I've put my son's sim who is on 3 network and the VoLTE menu comes up. It's really doing my head in.
0 Likes
Rjeisxo
First Poster
Options
I've got the same problem and had a chat with talk mobile and they said they have activated the settings but still no luck as soon as I make normal call mobile data gets cut off. Even tho volte is enabled in settings.
0 Likes
FlowerMountain1
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. Whatever I do, the setting simply will not appear in the menu. I've tried wiping the simcard, putting it in the second slot, resetting all the network settings, rebooting the phone, doing a complete re-install, you name it - still won't show. VoWIFI enabled itself by default, no problems there, but the VoLTE just won't work - on this phone. It works just fine with the same simcard on my older phone. Not so nice for a flagship (and at that pricepoint it should simply work ootb tbh). 😞

0 Likes
FlowerMountain1
First Poster
Options

Did a network check pulling up the phone settings, and that shows VoLTE is enabled and working, even though it doesn't show in the menu or at the top of the screen.

1000003198.jpg

So it seems Samsung just enabled it for me by default. It also shows the HD voice label during a call, as well as the VoWifi icon when active, just not the VoLTE icon or setting. Not sure why other people do get that and I don't.

0 Likes