Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to draw more attention to this scrolling issue

(Topic created on: 22-02-2024 09:44 PM)
mmotti
Pioneer
Options

If the phone is left turned off for an extended period things seem OK for a little while (not sure if must coincidence). When it starts playing up, it does it really consistently and becomes impossible to use. Infuriating. 

Second device with this issue; this is my replacement. 

In this example it misinterpreted a swipe as a touch twice consecutively and misclicked into something. There were many more examples that followed after this but I'm trying to keep the video as short as possible.

Sometimes it doesn't register swipes at all.
0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21
2024_DBX-AMR23
Journeyman
Options
What phone is this? Because I think that Ghost touching may happen when the screen is really worn down or if the phones internally damaged. So it'll start playing up
0 Likes
mmotti
Pioneer
Options

Galaxy S24 Ultra. Practically brand new.

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Greasy fingers or screen 🤔
0 Likes
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
I've never had any problems with any of my devices, including the S24U. Have you tried with the Spen? It would be a big coincidence to get 2 defective devices in a row, especially given that we've not seen this issue being discussed much here. Are you coming from a S23U?
0 Likes
mmotti
Pioneer
Options

No greasy fingers I promise! Haha

0 Likes
mmotti
Pioneer
Options

Haven’t tried with S Pen on this device but my last one it was the same with the s pen and the issues seem identical between handsets.

Came from a Pixel 7 Pro. Also currently using an IPhone 15 Pro Max (which I’m hating every minute of). However 0 scrolling issues on any handset I’ve used before S24 ultra.

0 Likes
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
We still can't see the video you've uploaded as the mods need to approve it but I can imagine the problems from your description. So on your previous S24, both fingers and SPen were acting the same?
0 Likes
Catt78
Pathfinder
Options
Are you having any screen protector on? I noticed on YouTube sometimes same issue,I have the Samsung screen protector on and before it didn't do anything like this
0 Likes
mmotti
Pioneer
Options
Correct! I also caught it doing something completely new yesterday! It completely ignored my finger when I went to swipe up yesterday. I kept my finger on the screen as soon as I realised and used another finger to swipe all around the "dead" finger and it was fine. It wouldn't register the dead touch no matter how much I swiped over the screen until I lifted my finger off of the screen and put it back on. Very strange.
0 Likes